updating library
I am running XMC on an Apple TV software ver 3.0.2 XBMC ver 9.11 R26018
launcher ver 3.2.1 and have come up against a problem in music library mode

I have a large library( 200gb ) which is all properly tagged and organized. I am in the process of ironing out th anomalies with regards naming, genre etc. Now after I have changed some tags I run update library which does not implement the changes I have made. I have tried rescanning the entire library and rescanning the indidual items also clean library but nothing seems to work the only way I can get the chages is to delete the existing library and rescan from scratch which is a pain.

example artist name AH-A some as aha changed the tags to AH-A but aha still listed under artists. This happens with all headings genre, Album, singles etc.

can anyone help?

Also the Thumbs seem a bit random especially Album thumbs. All my Albums are stored with a jpg named folder and some are displayed by XBMC and some are not however when I look t album info the thumb is shown as current and I replace this with local and all is good. a bit of a pain

I would greatly appreciate any help. I am new to the Apple TV I used to use the good old Xbox but found the speed limiting when dealing with my library

TIA gifton
Hi all!
When I add a new movie to my source and update my library (Scan for new content) i see this:
Where are the movie details?
Of course, this worked perfectly till now. But now... What is the problem?
Thanks for the answers!
I have investigated further by installing XBM on my PC just to see if the same thing happened. It does. So to recap if I change anything in the library like name, genre, year etc and run update library or rescan library the changes are not implemented. If I add a new artist or album thats fine. so short of deleting the entire library and rescanning, how do I make changes? I still don't know if this has anything to do with the size of library, I am going to try scanning one or two items and see if the result is the same. I will report back if anyones interested

Gifton
I Tried it scanning only one artist. Then changed the name, ran update library the new name was listed but the old name was still there. I then ran clean library but it did nothing. This leads me to conclude it is nothing to do with library size, its a bug! I am amazed this has not been spotted before or maybe its me. I would love to get some feedback on this

Gifton

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
updating library0