• 13(current)
Facebook-Media - Facebook Photo/Video Addon
(2012-05-25, 00:53)ruuk Wrote:
(2012-05-20, 03:45)d_j_a Wrote: I've got 0.7.2 with Eden installed on Win7, getting the failed to get token error after putting in the code.

I happen to notice that FB had a pop up saying a unknown device was attempting to connect, but I couldn't catch it quick enough. If you log off FB and back on you can authorize the login location but by that time the plugin has timed out and thrown the error.

Any ideas?
I was able to duplicate this error. Disabling 'Login Notifications' - then authorizing - then re-enabling worked for me.
I tried some other workarounds and to try to fix it, but this is the only thing that worked so far.
I've noticed that while this worked at first, I now no longer can get a new token with 'Login Notifications' enabled. Hopefully Facebook will finally get their device authentication method for devices without a browser out of the testing stage so I can use it, because I haven't figured a suitable workaround for this issue yet.
Version 0.7.3

Changes:
- A fix (hopefully) for problems with 'Login Notifications' enabled on Facebook

On my REPO.

Please, someone test this. It got it working for me again, hopefully it will for everyone with the issue.
Version 0.7.4

Changes:
- Fixed a bug introduced in the last version that causes errors when getting a new token (probably only with ShareSocial)

On my REPO.

Please, someone with login notifications enabled test to see if the last versions fix is working for you.
I would like to verify it is fixed and update the main repo.
Installed Version 0.7.4 today but got an error "no control name 'submit[This is Okay]', kin..."

Edit: Got it working now. There was an error message in my browser from facebook, that an application tried to access my account. After i confirmed the message, the addon could successfully logon.
(2012-06-16, 11:37)Uwe77 Wrote: Installed Version 0.7.4 today but got an error "no control name 'submit[This is Okay]', kin..."

Edit: Got it working now. There was an error message in my browser from facebook, that an application tried to access my account. After i confirmed the message, the addon could successfully logon.

Thanks for checking that out and telling me the results. I'll have to fix that error, but it looks like I've found the method to overcome the problems with login notifications.
version 0.7.4, getting an error when viewing photo albums: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe5 in position 19...

This seems to be the same error that was addressed in change 0.7.0. I upgraded from 0.6.9 to 0.7.4 using your repo, restarted xbmc, but it looks like its still happening. Sad
Using Eden 11.0, ubuntu linux 64 bit

17:41:29 T:140165618366208 NOTICE: FACEBOOK MEDIA: ERROR GETTING PHOTOS
17:41:29 T:140165618366208 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
17:41:29 T:140165618366208 ERROR: File "/home/ryanchild/.xbmc/addons/script.facebook.media/default.py", line 854, in PHOTOS
17:41:29 T:140165618366208 ERROR: caption = self.makeCaption(p, uid)
17:41:29 T:140165618366208 ERROR: File "/home/ryanchild/.xbmc/addons/script.facebook.media/default.py", line 980, in makeCaption
17:41:29 T:140165618366208 ERROR: caption = name + title + obj.description('')
17:41:29 T:140165618366208 ERROR: UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe5 in position 19: ordinal not in range(128)
Version 0.7.5

Changes:
- Possible fix for some encoding errors
- Fix for bug causing errors when viewing images in albums

On my REPO.

zhaian: Please let me know if this fixes your issue.
(2012-06-25, 21:01)ruuk Wrote: Version 0.7.5

Changes:
- Possible fix for some encoding errors
- Fix for bug causing errors when viewing images in albums

On my REPO.

zhaian: Please let me know if this fixes your issue.

fixed. thank you
I can't get a pin.

For a start, the message box tells me to go to xbmc.2ndmind.net/fb which apparently doesn't exist.
Some searching around and I discovered it's .com and not .net
However, your web server is not configured correctly, so I just tried index.html and it took me to the FB auth app page.
I Authed the app, which then redirected me back but I got a MySQL error and no PIN.
(2012-07-23, 23:12)Largo Wrote: I can't get a pin.

For a start, the message box tells me to go to xbmc.2ndmind.net/fb which apparently doesn't exist.
Some searching around and I discovered it's .com and not .net
However, your web server is not configured correctly, so I just tried index.html and it took me to the FB auth app page.
I Authed the app, which then redirected me back but I got a MySQL error and no PIN.

I'm in the middle of switching web hosting. Things should be fixed soon.
Bah. Web host switching is a pain in the ass.

Look like you just need to grant the user 'ruukfb' access to the database from here. Although I bet you already know that.
Have you tried shouting at it really loudly?
(2012-07-23, 23:19)Largo Wrote: Bah. Web host switching is a pain in the ass.

Look like you just need to grant the user 'ruukfb' access to the database from here. Although I bet you already know that.
Have you tried shouting at it really loudly?

I always try shouting first, but it never seems to help.

I got the database stuff working, and 2ndmind.net is working. Now I just need to get the index.html file to load without typing it.

All is fixed now. It should work as advertised.
Did you manage it?

If not, you just need to set your DirectoryIndex in apache or use .htaccess.
(2012-07-24, 09:15)Largo Wrote: Did you manage it?

If not, you just need to set your DirectoryIndex in apache or use .htaccess.
Already have it sorted, but thanks for the help. Let me know if you have any problems.
Cant seem to get it working. Everytime I get token and type it in it says failed. I go to Facebook and approve the device but then I have to login again on XBMC....its a circle. Any help?
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Facebook-Media - Facebook Photo/Video Addon2