• 18(current)
Facebook-Media - Facebook Photo/Video Addon
(2013-06-30, 15:51)Casey Stellar Wrote:
(2013-06-30, 15:41)xdamageincx Wrote:
(2013-06-26, 21:40)Casey Stellar Wrote: No problem Big Grin

I uninstalled Facebook. Uploaded via zip your ruuk repo and installed it.
I am unable to download the facebook or another media browser app.
It starts to download - says: 0% then it just stops and nothing happens. Do you need a log for this issue or is there an easy solution?

I don't think you're supposed to "uninstall" anything. I think you're supposed to just simply install the zip & use the features. Hopefully ruuk or another more experienced user will be on later to provide you with better assistance. I can try making a video for you if you think it will help... Also let us know exactly what you uninstalled. Try making a troubleshooting video as well. That's not essential but, it may help better examine what's going on.

I had the app in the repo already installed and it noted "update availble" but when i tried to update it - nothing would happen so I uninstalled the Facebook app and reinstalled it from ruks repo- now it will not instal or "enable"
(2013-06-30, 15:55)xdamageincx Wrote:
(2013-06-30, 15:51)Casey Stellar Wrote:
(2013-06-30, 15:41)xdamageincx Wrote: I uninstalled Facebook. Uploaded via zip your ruuk repo and installed it.
I am unable to download the facebook or another media browser app.
It starts to download - says: 0% then it just stops and nothing happens. Do you need a log for this issue or is there an easy solution?

I don't think you're supposed to "uninstall" anything. I think you're supposed to just simply install the zip & use the features. Hopefully ruuk or another more experienced user will be on later to provide you with better assistance. I can try making a video for you if you think it will help... Also let us know exactly what you uninstalled. Try making a troubleshooting video as well. That's not essential but, it may help better examine what's going on.

I had the app in the repo already installed and it noted "update availble" but when i tried to update it - nothing would happen so I uninstalled the Facebook app and reinstalled it from ruks repo- now it will not instal or "enable"

i'm afraid that may be out of my experience. If you don't mind the bother, you can try uninstalling XBMC altogether, making sure to remove all traces of the program. A program like Revo Uninstaller is best for the job in my opinion. Wait, what OS are you running?
(2013-06-30, 16:02)Casey Stellar Wrote:
(2013-06-30, 15:55)xdamageincx Wrote:
(2013-06-30, 15:51)Casey Stellar Wrote: I don't think you're supposed to "uninstall" anything. I think you're supposed to just simply install the zip & use the features. Hopefully ruuk or another more experienced user will be on later to provide you with better assistance. I can try making a video for you if you think it will help... Also let us know exactly what you uninstalled. Try making a troubleshooting video as well. That's not essential but, it may help better examine what's going on.

i'm afraid that may be out of my experience. If you don't mind the bother, you can try uninstalling XBMC altogether, making sure to remove all traces of the program. A program like Revo Uninstaller is best for the job in my opinion. Wait, what OS are you running?

I'm not willing to uninstall xbmc on my win7 machne for a single app.
I'm running it on win7 home and on a win 7 starter. I intend o get an ouya this week for a third installation.
(2013-06-30, 16:20)xdamageincx Wrote:
(2013-06-30, 16:02)Casey Stellar Wrote:
(2013-06-30, 15:55)xdamageincx Wrote: I had the app in the repo already installed and it noted "update availble" but when i tried to update it - nothing would happen so I uninstalled the Facebook app and reinstalled it from ruks repo- now it will not instal or "enable"

I'm not willing to uninstall xbmc on my win7 machne for a single app.
I'm running it on win7 home and on a win 7 starter. I intend o get an ouya this week for a third installation.

Ah. Well then the only thing I can think of now is to wait for a more experienced user to assist you. Sorry I can't be of much help. Best regards.
(2013-06-30, 15:41)xdamageincx Wrote: I am unable to download the facebook or another media browser app.

If you are having an issue downloading other media browser apps (not just from my repo) then it sounds like the issue is not related to my repo (which is working fine for me and has had no other reports of trouble). If you want to post a log to pastebin or something, I'll look at it and see if there is in fact something wrong with my repo, or if the issue is something else. It would probably be best to turn debug logging on before reproducing the issue.
Love this plugin I want to make a better skin for it a little bit more facebook like but I wish this app could see my fanpages aswell..
(2013-07-27, 18:29)RiChaDo Wrote: Love this plugin I want to make a better skin for it a little bit more facebook like but I wish this app could see my fanpages aswell..

Always a possibility. I'm sure ruuk will at least give it a try but, are you a member of any other forums with people who do this kind of work? There are some pretty skilled folk out there who know how to do these types of things. The more you know, the more you know.
I'm making a new skin for this if you dont mind...love this but it's not a nice looking one no offense offcourse
(2013-07-27, 20:30)RiChaDo Wrote: I'm making a new skin for this if you dont mind...love this but it's not a nice looking one no offense offcourse

Ohh you were saying you do in fact know how to do it whereas I thought you were making a request lol. Probably should've just posted your last post instead the one before that lol.
haha I posted twice? oops but I did some work on nmt forum (popcorn hour) so no problems and it's looking a bit more uhh facebook like Wink
(2013-07-27, 21:30)RiChaDo Wrote: haha I posted twice? oops but I did some work on nmt forum (popcorn hour) so no problems and it's looking a bit more uhh facebook like Wink

Haha. NNice, I'd like to see the finished product.
Getting the failed token as well. Updated too the new 8.3 still does not work what is the problem?
(2013-08-27, 20:51)chowda633 Wrote: Getting the failed token as well. Updated too the new 8.3 still does not work what is the problem?

Make sure login notifications and and login approvals are disabled. If it still does not work get me a xbmc.log.
I have a question.
I trying to install that script (addon) on my Raspberry. The problem is that when the window (open "http://xbmc.2ndmind.com/fb" address to get the code....... etc) opens I can not open that url on my raspberry xbmc, because I need a modern browser which can use secure https protocol support to get me to the facebook auth page and so on.
Is there any workarround to get that script working on Raspberry XBMC?

Thanks in advance!
(2013-09-01, 23:50)julianstefanov Wrote: I have a question.
I trying to install that script (addon) on my Raspberry. The problem is that when the window (open "http://xbmc.2ndmind.com/fb" address to get the code....... etc) opens I can not open that url on my raspberry xbmc, because I need a modern browser which can use secure https protocol support to get me to the facebook auth page and so on.
Is there any workarround to get that script working on Raspberry XBMC?

Thanks in advance!

You open a browser on another device. You will get a code which you then enter into the addon.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Facebook-Media - Facebook Photo/Video Addon2