Importing video library to Dharma
Hey guys,

I've been using Camelot up till now, so I've decided to upgrade to Dharma Beta 2.

Before installing, I exported my video library to a single file called "htpclibrary.xml".

Not wanting to be caught by surprise, I've also exported my video library as multiple files, just to be safe.

So anyways, I've downloaded Dharma and installed it... And went to import my video library from the "htpclibrary.xml" file.

Once it was done (and it took a while), I realized that whilst it restored all my movie/TV show information, all thumbnails and fanart are missing.

Am I doing something wrong? What is the proper way to restore a video library with thumbnails and fanart intact?

Please keep in mind I also want to keep intact the information regarding when a video was added to the library. For instance, I find the 'recent TV shows/movies' feature of XBMC really useful, I really want to keep it functional, instead of just having it resort to showing the last few movies/episodes it added via the 'automated scan' option.

Thanks for any help. Smile
in camelot separate files was the only option if your artwork isn't stored along your files in the first place. in dharma, also the single file option retains the artwork.
Thanks Spiff,

However, as I mentioned in my previous post, I also exported with multiple files. I can see that it's saved thumbnails and fanart in the video directories.

The question is, how do I import my library with these added?
just scan the dirs with media (and the nfo's) as you would otherwise. the nfo files are found and overrides the online scraping.
I've tried that and it doesn't work.

For example, I go to videos and select 'add source', then I browse to my movies folder, select imdb as the scraper, then I DON'T select any scan options, and select 'OK'.

This doesn't bring up any thumbnails or fanart.

... And if I DO select any scanning options, it just rescans the whole folder, which defeats the purpose.

What am I doing wrong?
....Anyone?
djcorvus Wrote:I've tried that and it doesn't work.

... And if I DO select any scanning options, it just rescans the whole folder, which defeats the purpose.

It would rescan the whole folder cause thats how it populates the database but this can be done offline as this happens from the localy stored .nfo files and artwork instead of scraping it over the internet.
Soutie Wrote:It would rescan the whole folder cause thats how it populates the database but this can be done offline as this happens from the localy stored .nfo files and artwork instead of scraping it over the internet.

So which option do I select when setting the source? Scan recursively? Run automated scan?

Does this mean that I don't have to go to "import video library" in settings?
Yup, set up your content as you normally would and select a scraper (TheTvDB for Series, IMDB for movies etc.) then right click and select "scan for new content". If .nfo files are present the scraper will scrape from the local files and not from the internet.

I Dont think there is a way to keep your recently added items but an entry in the advancedsettings.xml file will allow you to keep the watched status

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...ttings.xml
Soutie Wrote:I Dont think there is a way to keep your recently added items but an entry in the advancedsettings.xml file will allow you to keep the watched status

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...ttings.xml

I don't really care about the watched status.

Are you saying there's no way at all that I'm able to keep my recently added items?? I find that impossible to believe, given all the development put into XBMC.

I've made a backup of my camelot folder. Isn't there anything I could move into the Dharma folder that will bring across my recently added items? (without compromising Dharma installation integrity of course)
... Anyone??

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Importing video library to Dharma0