Windows not retaining library on networked PC.
Hey all! My name is Mike and I just started using XBMC about a month ago on my HTPC/Home Server. XBMC on my HTPC runs great and remembers the library folder destinations. The issue I am having is with my parents laptop. When I first installed XBMC I added the folders from the network and XBMC played the files without an issue. But if the laptop is turned off or XBMC is closed and reopened it loses the folders and then won't allow me to edit media sources anymore. The only way I can add more sources is if I reinstall XBMC. The real question I guess is... How do I add media from a networked place and make XBMC save that information so this problem can be fixed? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I searched the forums before I posted so I apologize if this has been posted about before. Thanks again everyone!

-Mike
This works for me:

Click Add source then Browse then scroll down to "Add network location". Feed in the server name, share name etc. You should find this survives restarts.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:This works for me:

Click Add source then Browse then scroll down to "Add network location". Feed in the server name, share name etc. You should find this survives restarts.

JR

JR thank you for your response! I will try that out and check back in!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows not retaining library on networked PC.0