• 7(current)
Windows Phone 7 XBMC Remote
jdeane7 Wrote:I seem to be having issues with gaining access to the port on my HTPC. I correctly named the server according to my HTPC's name on the network, even tried changing from port 80 to various other port numbers (81, 85, 8068, etc.). I tried the test to do hhp://myIP:port/jsonrpc from another pc on the network, and it did not prompt me for login- just said google could not find the page

I am not familiar with establishing port forwarding in my router settings, so could you help me through that? I'm really excited to use the app, but for the life of me I cannot get it to connect!

Thanks

did you enable HTTP server in xbmc and selected options to allow connection from other machine? If yes, you can also try connecting using ipaddress first un your local network. Also make sure the firewall is not blocking it
I enabled the correct settings according to the youtube setup tutorial. I also created exceptions in my firewall for XBMC, and tried using my computer's IP address instead of its name on the network. None of these things worked to resolve the problem.

Update: I continued to do some reading around about IP addresses, port forwarding, etc. What I learned was that the app needs your PRIVATE (aka: network) IP address. This is different than the public IP I was finding when I would visit sites like http://www.whatsmyip.com, etc. I would recommend clarifying this small but important difference somewhere in your connection tutorials. Rookies like me need to know these things! Smile

Now that I have the app working, I will test it out and try to leave some feedback for improvements. Thanks
Great application, only issue I'm having is that fan art isn't loading, posters work fine it's just the fan art.
Great app just purchased it all working great

Feature request would be wake on lan support i heard one of the android apps had this would be useful

Thanks
tungmeister Wrote:Great application, only issue I'm having is that fan art isn't loading, posters work fine it's just the fan art.

there is an option in settings which can disable this. Please check to make sure its not the case. Thanks.
macynwa Wrote:Great app just purchased it all working great

Feature request would be wake on lan support i heard one of the android apps had this would be useful

Thanks

with the current wp7 limitations, it wouldn't be possible send packets to wol. May be in future releases when its possible.
Thanks.
I have tried to use this remote for the last couple of days but not been able to get it to work, the program loads corredctly but once I add a connection the program automatically exits, then every time I try to start the app again I get the splash screen then sent back to Windows Phone start page.

The only way to get the program to load is by uninstalling and reinstalling, but then again as soon as I add a connection the problem re-occurs.

I am running a HTC HD7 - with NoDo update build: 7.0.7389.0
first of all.. thx for this app

ive had this app also on my androids...
now im on the way to explorer wp7...

this are my settings

1. friendly.. i named it 'xbmc'...what else
2. my intern ip: 192.xxx.x.xxx
3. tested several ports from 8079 over 80 over 85...nothing works
4. username: XBMC
4. pw... 4 numbers

cant get no satis...connection..
Huh
i know there is always some little fuckin point...
im sure i know it..
BUT I CANT SEE....HELP

THIS: http://yourip/jsonrpc is the result if i use your link,
its the same in chrome, in ie and also in rockmelt..
(Oops! Google Chrome could not find yourip)
ive found my ipv4 via the normal way...via the console...

*** what about the point..what to start first...
ist this also a question on wp7
Do you have the web/network access settings setup in XBMC? The port you specify in XBMC is the port you enter in the app on WP7.

My Samsung Omnia 7 has just been updated to NoDo and the app is still working great.
Great app! Unfortunately, it currently does not seem to support moviesets. Sad Will this feature be added in the future?
TheDisneyMagic Wrote:I have tried to use this remote for the last couple of days but not been able to get it to work, the program loads corredctly but once I add a connection the program automatically exits, then every time I try to start the app again I get the splash screen then sent back to Windows Phone start page.

The only way to get the program to load is by uninstalling and reinstalling, but then again as soon as I add a connection the problem re-occurs.

I am running a HTC HD7 - with NoDo update build: 7.0.7389.0

Did you finally get it working? If not, can you post the connection info you are using?
diamonddave Wrote:first of all.. thx for this app

ive had this app also on my androids...
now im on the way to explorer wp7...

this are my settings

1. friendly.. i named it 'xbmc'...what else
2. my intern ip: 192.xxx.x.xxx
3. tested several ports from 8079 over 80 over 85...nothing works
4. username: XBMC
4. pw... 4 numbers

cant get no satis...connection..
Huh
i know there is always some little fuckin point...
im sure i know it..
BUT I CANT SEE....HELP

THIS: http://yourip/jsonrpc is the result if i use your link,
its the same in chrome, in ie and also in rockmelt..
(Oops! Google Chrome could not find yourip)
ive found my ipv4 via the normal way...via the console...

*** what about the point..what to start first...
ist this also a question on wp7
You need to enable the webserver on your XBMC and use the port you are using in your connection. http://ip:port/jsonrpc when using browser to test.
ag3nt Wrote:Great app! Unfortunately, it currently does not seem to support moviesets. Sad Will this feature be added in the future?

I will probably but may not be soon. I have been little busy with other stuff so not getting much time to work on windows phone apps. Hope this is not a blocker.
Awesome app. Using XBMC on Arch Linux, and it works flawlessly.

One suggestion: in the song view for albums (select album -> details -> songs tab), tapping the little icons to the left of the song should directly play the song. This is what other WP7 apps do.

Also, a context menu entry for the remote everywhere would be nice. When deep in the menus, being able to jump straight to the remote sometimes would be good.

Other than that, very nice work! Well worth the couple bucks.
Graycode Wrote:Awesome app. Using XBMC on Arch Linux, and it works flawlessly.

One suggestion: in the song view for albums (select album -> details -> songs tab), tapping the little icons to the left of the song should directly play the song. This is what other WP7 apps do.

Also, a context menu entry for the remote everywhere would be nice. When deep in the menus, being able to jump straight to the remote sometimes would be good.

Other than that, very nice work! Well worth the couple bucks.

Thanks. Yes, that's one thing I wanted to add for a while. Will consider when I am updating it next time.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows Phone 7 XBMC Remote0