• 8(current)
Windows Phone 7 XBMC Remote
Still haven't been able to get it to load, have hard reset the phone a couple of times and also applied the post nodo update.

My settings are:
1. name: XBMC-TV1
2. internal static ip: 192.168.0.30
3. port: 80
4. username: XBMC
4. password: xbmc

Share video and music libraries through UPNP : ON
Allow control of XBMC vis UPNP : ON
Allow control of XBMC via HTTP : ON
Web Interface : Default
Allow programs on this system to control XBMC : ON
Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC : ON

Quite strange, the program just kicks me out as soon as I attempt to load.
TheDisneyMagic Wrote:Still haven't been able to get it to load, have hard reset the phone a couple of times and also applied the post nodo update.

My settings are:
1. name: XBMC-TV1
2. internal static ip: 192.168.0.30
3. port: 80
4. username: XBMC
4. password: xbmc

Share video and music libraries through UPNP : ON
Allow control of XBMC vis UPNP : ON
Allow control of XBMC via HTTP : ON
Web Interface : Default
Allow programs on this system to control XBMC : ON
Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC : ON

Quite strange, the program just kicks me out as soon as I attempt to load.

I believe something corrupted in the setting and the application is crashing trying to read. Can you try uninstalling and reinstalling. Also for connection info, I beleive by default the XBMC web port is 8088.
hi there, just bought ur app.

could u please add a "play by tab"-function to the "now playing queue?
I always need to go to "remote" and press "next song" very often to skip more songs...
Please update the live tile icon, that little pixellated phone image looks hideous

ETA: Hope you don't mind but I've knocked something up to show how it could be, you can have it if you want;

Oakey Wrote:Please update the live tile icon, that little pixellated phone image looks hideous

ETA: Hope you don't mind but I've knocked something up to show how it could be, you can have it if you want;

thanks Oakey.. Will update this in next release.
Also, the reason you guys haven't seen an update in a while because I want to update for mango (next version of windows phone) which has many useful features which I can use for this app.
Hi,

I gave a test to the trial and it works pretty good!

Here are the things that in my opinion could be improved:

I just wanted to let you know that there is a bug with the remote control buttons (tested with latest XMBC for Windows). If I press the button to get movie infos I cannot use the remote on the phone anymore until I clear the menu with the keyboard. The action seems to get queued until the menu is closed.

It may be related to my setup, but the action I did on my phone took about 1-2sec to get processed by XBMC. This seems a bit long.

I was also missing the ability to be able get details (plot, actors, ...) for the "now playing movie". If I want to have those info I do have to search through the DB.

Keep on the good work; I can't wait for mango either Smile
Hey the app seems to do what it says but when i use the remote its very slow and laggy. I tried it on multiple xbmc machines and it is the same. I tried an android phone and it worked perfectly any ideas ?
Hey there man,

You've had plenty of suggestions since releasing your app, which I still love.

Keep up the good work and we all are looking forward to your next release once Mango (7.5) hits.

Steve
Sorry for the delayed update on this post. Just wanted to let you guys know that I am thinking about new mango update and looking for features which you guys wants to see in the app. Please let me know what your scenarios are and I will try to incorporate changes.

thanks
duplicate
I was thinking of updating the app and was wondering how many of the users are actually using pre-eden.
The json apis are changed quite a bit and I don't want to update to latest nightly as that will break dharma.

How does it sound if I release a seperate version for pre-eden free for now. (but that would mean later if would be a new paid app (non upgradable for existing users)).

Looking for suggestions.
FuN_KeY Wrote:Hi,
I just wanted to let you know that there is a bug with the remote control buttons (tested with latest XBMC for Windows). If I press the button to get movie infos I cannot use the remote on the phone anymore until I clear the menu with the keyboard. The action seems to get queued until the menu is closed.

I wish to get fix to this problem.

Great app anyway!
Yes, I am aware of the remote control bug. I so far haven't figured out what http-api to use to dismiss that or support with-in that. I am hoping to get it fixed before next update.

thanks,
hello_man Wrote:I was thinking of updating the app and was wondering how many of the users are actually using pre-eden.
The json apis are changed quite a bit and I don't want to update to latest nightly as that will break dharma.

How does it sound if I release a seperate version for pre-eden free for now. (but that would mean later if would be a new paid app (non upgradable for existing users)).

Looking for suggestions.

I'd be a bit hacked off I think. I like the app but it's safe to say we'll all be upgrading to Eden eventually and I feel as someone who has supported the app by purchasing it I'm getting a bit of a kick in the teeth for my support if I'm not going to be able to use it in the future.

Could the existing build on the marketplace not eventually be replaced with the new build?
i am still using this app actually.

however, as with the other xbmc remote apps i found on the market, i really don't like the remote gui. i love the android version's appearance, but all the ones i find on wp7, it seems like designers are trying too hard to have the metro small circle or square design. i would rather have large easy to use buttons.

the newer eden version xbmc remote app is fantastic, but, i'm not running eden so not everything works with dharma.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows Phone 7 XBMC Remote0