alpha channel transparency
Smile 
I am using Ubuntu 9.10 XBMC 9.11 Rapier 2.0

I'm making my own icon's the video category but when i use a" alpha channel transparency" i get a border around it.
but i would like to have no border as off the picture

and where is this picture kept on my machine

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/179871/XBMC/Rapi...50x421.png
I don't know enough about alpha channel to answer the border question, but a standard png with transparency should not have any borders. As for where that icon is located on your machine, it's inside textres.xbt, which is an image archive, but not accessible to anything other than xbmc.
What picture are you referring to? The icon, the MOVIES image, or the sub-menu background?

I know the MOVIES/VIDEOS/WEATHER etc. images are located in the media/textures.xpr file, which can be opened with XPR Express: http://teamblackbolt.co.uk/projdetails.php?id=5

The file is named <language>-movies-focused.png or something like that, <language> being your set language in XBMC. There's an -unfocused version too. If I recall correctly Home.xml is the file that controls the home screen in Rapier, might be an Include_Home.xml file too, can't remember. But search for the file name from the .xpr inside the .xml files and you should find it. Be sure to leave out the language part (just search for movies-focused.png or whatever you want to find), if that's the file you want to change. Then you either change the image you want to change, and repack the .xpr, or you change the .xml file you found it in, to reflect your own file. Say you put it in the media/ folder and named it foobar.png, you would reference it in the file by putting special://skin/media/foobar.png as the <texture>.

If it's the icon you want to change, it should be in there too but I'm not sure what it's called. But if you find the MOVIES image, you should find the icon file name somewhere in that file too, probably a line or two above or below.

The sub-menu file is probably in that file as well.

I hope this makes any sense, and that I understood the question. I have a cold, so I'm just gonna blame any mistakes on that. Wink

Happy tweaking!
Actually the text images are not at all in the compressed archive. Rather they are uncompressed in images/homecategories/ both the focused and unfocused have their own folder there. It is the icon that is in the textures.xbt (and also the textures.xpr, which last I checked was protected).
Matteius Wrote:Actually the text images are not at all in the compressed archive. Rather they are uncompressed in images/homecategories/ both the focused and unfocused have their own folder there. It is the icon that is in the textures.xbt (and also the textures.xpr, which last I checked was protected).

Right you are, they are right there in the folder. I am almost positive that I've opened textures.xpr in XPR Express though, but if you're sure then I guess it has either been protected since I looked at it, or I'm wrong.

OP: A screenshot of the border issue would be nice, I'm curious. Smile
There may be some builds with it protected and others where it's not. Easiest thing is just to try several, the program will always tell you if it's protected.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
alpha channel transparency0