XBMC crashes when updating library
I used the following Howto to compile Xbmc from source code/svn: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...ian/Ubuntu

Summary:
  1. svn co https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xbmc/trunk/ xbmc
  2. cd xbmc
  3. ./bootstrap
  4. ./configure
  5. make
  6. sudo make install

So I think that I have the trunk version. Would you recommend another version? After using Xbmc for a few years and following these forums for a while I have to admit that still don't know what Dharma is, or how to check if I have it. My XBMC says:
Quote:XBMC PRE-10.5 r35111 (compiled Nov 1 2010)
Is xbmc Dharma the 10.5+ version? Anyway, thank you for the 'make distclean' tip. Will do that right now and afterwards will do a "new" ./configure and make; make install.
You really don't know what Dharma is? try a search... read the home page.

If you are using trunk, expect to have issues. Checkout the dharma branch instead or try one of the betas from ppa.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thumbs Up 
@TSlayer: Thank you again for the help and tips. I think that XBMC Dharma is the (beta? testing?) version of xbmc that is to become the next stable and officially distributed version. The home page says a lot of things about Dharma's beta releases 1 to 4, but neither on the first page or anywhere on the Xbmc website does it say what Dharma itself exactly is. I might just be a good idea to write one little extra line about this on the main page. I think little amounts of clear and updated info on webpages creates a large user community, but hey, thats me.

Anyway, instead of compiling the the trunk version frm SVN (to get rid of that wretched libcdio prob. that causes CD's and DVD's not to be loeaded!) I now use the precompiled beta versions from the Ubuntu PPA (one may find this link by simply visiting xbmc's website and surfing to 'downloads'). And Lo and Behold: it works now!

Just for the record: my Xbmc version: "press 'S' on keyboard --> choose I for info --> XBMC 10.0-beta4 r35068"

So I guess Dharma is a codeword for "version 10" then. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crashes when updating library0