UFC Events Category Help
Great info and links, thanks outatouch0!

Impatiently I already starting building my UFC library. Long time XBMC user, but only just getting into creating libraries so looked for the easiest way possible. As I was able to use moviedb to scrape, have main UFC events and Fight Nights grouped together as a set in movies and set to sort in correct order of event happening, ie UFC 7, UFC 7.5, UFC 8 etc.

Then kind of got stuck with what to do with the Ultimate Fighter series. I'm sure I checked to see if TVDB had these but couldn't find them and what with their views on the main UFC I didn't give it a second thought, but just checked again and they are there! Big Grin

This will provide me with the main events in movies and Ultimate Fighter in series which will do for now, but would be nice to have everything together as I'm attempting to watch everything in order. I've dabbled in creating my own nfo for movies before, so once I get my head around series nfo which appears a little more difficult, I will perhaps try and re-work everything to set a UFC up completely within TV series like you suggest.

I was thinking though, is it not possible within movies, to have a sub-set, so a set within a set? I was trying this earlier but didn't get very far. I could show Ultimate Fighter series within my UFC movie set but then each episode showed up and this is where a sub set would come in handy?
jackhulk Wrote:I was thinking though, is it not possible within movies, to have a sub-set, so a set within a set? I was trying this earlier but didn't get very far. I could show Ultimate Fighter series within my UFC movie set but then each episode showed up and this is where a sub set would come in handy?
I have read threads that say you can do sub-folders (TV too) but I didn't get it figured out.
You can set up a test 'Source' and create folder structures, .nfo files, etc. to play around with and see what works. There may be some 'advancedsettings.xml file that can make things happen too?
Keep in mind, some skins may have different options than others.

(see my EDIT to previous post)
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
Thank you. I think I will open a new thread asking about sub sets. I'm not too fussed if my UFC collection is in TV or Movies, just as long as its all together and in order of when events took place, this would be great. As the bulk of my UFC setup is almost complete within movies now, ideally I'd like to fit TUF in there too, so hopefully sub set will be possible.
I have my UFC events under TV shows. Created my own .nfo for the show and have each event under its own season (UFC 125=Season 125). Works great because you get TVTunes support as well (the infamous "Face the Pain" plays when you enter the show folder). I have that theme in the main folder, and "Optimus Bellum Domitor" in the season folder, which will play when the show finishes. You can have PPV specific fanart and posters as well. Worth doing when you see the finished article. Why not just add UFC to the main menu, and have PPV's, TUF as sub-headings, works really well for me. I'm using MQ3 pre-eden on Vista. I'm sure that it will work on Dharma because I've only just upgraded, had it working on Nox as well. If you need any help, pm me. Big Grin I can post some preview pics if necessary, hope that helped you out.
Hey Deano, that sounds great! I've only just finished setting everything up, mains as movie set and TUF in TV series. Like the idea of having everything together in TV series so will attempt to emulate what you have done when I get time.

First I've heard about TVTunes, so will look into this also.

If you can post some pics of your setup, that would be great.
I also have all the UFC events in a movie folder and have set a custom genre to "MMA" in each UFC .nfo file using:

Code:
<genre>MMA</genre>

Which means i can then go to that genre category in XBMC and I only see the UFC stuff. My movie folder structure for UFC events is as follows:

Movies
|
|-UFC 1 The Beginning (1993)
| |
| |-UFC 1 The Beginning (1993).avi
| |-UFC 1 The Beginning (1993).nfo
| |-UFC 1 The Beginning (1993).tbn
| |-UFC 1 The Beginning (1993)-fanart.jpg
|
|-UFC 2 No Way Out (1994)
| |
| |-UFC 2 No Way Out (1994).avi
| |-UFC 2 No Way Out (1994).nfo
| |-UFC 2 No Way Out (1994).tbn
| |-UFC 2 No Way Out (1994)-fanart.jpg
|

I have all events up to and including "UFC 131.5 Kongo vs Barry (2011)"

I named it 131.5 since it was chronologically in between "UFC 131: Dos Santos vs. Carwin" and "UFC 132: Cruz vs. Faber". I used this wikipedia page to get the right chronological order for the events. I also have all episodes of the TV Show "The Ultimate Fighter" but that is treated like any other TV show.

regards

Shaolin
Cool, when I get five minutes later on I'll post some pics.
As promised a few pics from my setup and like I said before these are from pre-eden MQ3:

Both the UFC PPV's and TUF have TVTunes working with them. I have the themes, logos etc. Pm me if you get stuck for any.
Just thought I'd add that by putting each PPV under a different season you can add Weigh-ins, Pre-Lims, Post-fight press conferences etc. as episodes. By writing the .nfos yourself you have complete autonomy on how you set it up.

Have done exactly the same for my WWE library as I did for the UFC PPVs. I had a bunch of WWE Specials with no home, so I just created a series .xml called "WWE Specials" and manually added them (one .nfo at a time!!) to that:

It will pretty much work for anything, well worth the effort.

@frieten - Thanks for pointing me in the right direction all those weeks ago (",)
Deano316 Wrote:As promised a few pics from my setup and like I said before these are from pre-eden MQ3:

Both the UFC PPV's and TUF have TVTunes working with them. I have the themes, logos etc. Pm me if you get stuck for any.

Deano How did you get UFC on your main menu. I tried this with Dharma/MQ2 but could not figure it out.

Also, when you go to your 'Movies' do you still see all the UFC PPV's mixed in with your regular movies? (This is why i did mine under TV shows).
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
It's fairly straight forward, will post in detail after work when I can get to my pc.
I bypassed MQ2, but in MQ3 you add said show to your favourites list (tuf, ufc). Then go to settings-skin-shortcuts (I think), edit menu item to UFC, then sub menu edit to tuf or ufc. Add favourite to the matching sub menu, link appropriate fanart folder ( which you should source beforehand), activate and that's it! That's a slightly abbreviated version, but if you get stuck pm me. I've just added a UFC channel to my PsuedoTV setup which is sweet. If you haven't already given it a go, you should (",)
Finished the first part of my mini tutorial on setting up you WWE and UFC PPVs:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=9...post944794
Looks awesome Deano! Thanks for sharing and creating mini tutorial, I will defo set mine up like this when I have time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UFC Events Category Help0