• 2(current)
XBMC Slingbox Client - Development Status
Harry Muscle Wrote:Can I ask which device you have?

If you feel comfortable patching and compiling feel free to check out the patch that's already up on trac (http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10464). I'm rewriting a bunch of code but the basics will stay the same.

Or if you're comfortable with sharing the viewer password for your Slingbox and it's setup for internet access, I can do the testing for you.

Thanks,
Harry

I think i have the Solo (picked it up from woot.com).

Unfortunately I'm sloppy and slow when i compile stuffs, and i don't have as much time to play with my gadgets lately ;(

Yeah, i can give you access to my slingbox as soon as i get home from this trip.

Cheers.
gadgetman Wrote:I think i have the Solo (picked it up from woot.com).

Unfortunately I'm sloppy and slow when i compile stuffs, and i don't have as much time to play with my gadgets lately ;(

Yeah, i can give you access to my slingbox as soon as i get home from this trip.

Cheers.

Sounds good, just send me a PM with the details (IP, Port, Password) when you get back.

Thanks,
Harry
A little update on what's been happening.

The initial patch was submitted (http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10464) and I got feedback on it from the XBMC devs. I decided to go a little overboard Nerd and do a complete rewrite to not only incorporate what the devs suggested but also lots of other changes that will add support for features not initially in the patch, plus lots of code cleanup.

The new patch should be ready in a few more days hopefully. The main things left are to add input switching support (I think I have it figured out, just need to code it). I also would like to add support of getting messages back from the Slingbox with status on which input is selected, which channel, etc.

The biggest hurdle to over come has been enabling support for resolutions over 320x240. I finally reverse engineered things and figured out how to enable higher resolutions, however, the problem is that as soon as you enable these higher resolutions, the Slingbox turns on encryption of the stream. It's nothing heavy duty cause you can still more or less make out what's on the screen, but it's definitely not watchable.

So I'm gonna be looking for help from anyone familiar with codecs and/or decryption to see if we might be able to figure out what they have done to the feed and correct it on our end.

That's about it for all the major stuff, lots of minor stuff, but that's not really worth typing about Smile

Thanks,
Harry
This is amazing, I am very excited to try it out.

This will not work on an original XBOX, right? (I imagine the patch will be put into a build that does not support it)

Also, will this work outside of a local network?

Thanks!
Rollinthundr Wrote:This is amazing, I am very excited to try it out.

This will not work on an original XBOX, right? (I imagine the patch will be put into a build that does not support it)

Also, will this work outside of a local network?

Thanks!

Over here we no longer support or develop anything to do with the original Xbox, but if anyone wants to include this patch in the Xbox build over on Xbmc4xbox they are more than welcome. I personally am not setup to develop for the Xbox.

This will work local or over the internet.

Thanks,
Harry
I'm still looking for volunteers to give me temporary access to their Slingbox so I can do more testing. Unfortunately I haven't heard back from anyone who's offered yet, so if anyone else would like to offer I'm more than happy to take you up on it.

If you are willing, if you could PM me the IP address of your Slingbox, port number (if you don't know what it is, it's most likely the default 5001), and password to get in (preferably for the viewer account, although the patch is so far along I'm comfortable testing with the admin account too).

Thanks,
Harry
Version 2 of the patch is up on the trac (http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10464). Totally rewritten and improved.

Still looking for more testing volunteers Smile

Thanks,
Harry
Hi Harry,

I will be happy to help you with your tests, please let me know what you require.

Regards,

Terry.
I have a slingbox you can use at well.
Terrypothin and diesel2k if you guys could send me the following via PM that would be great:

The IP address of your Slingbox, port number (if you don't know what it is, it's most likely the default 5001), and password to get in.

Also if you could tell me which model of Slingbox you have that would be good too.

Thanks,
Harry
Hi Harry, i have tried sending you a PM twice but it did not go, please provide me with an email address, can you send it to [email protected].

Regards,

Terry.
terrypothin Wrote:Hi Harry, i have tried sending you a PM twice but it did not go, please provide me with an email address, can you send it to [email protected].

Regards,

Terry.

I got both messages actually. I send you a PM back.

Thanks for the info.

Harry
Just noticed this development, which is fantastic and what I have been looking for in years. Fantastic to see!!!

Any hope that this patch will make the RC1 of Dharma?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
steve1977 Wrote:Just noticed this development, which is fantastic and what I have been looking for in years. Fantastic to see!!!

Any hope that this patch will make the RC1 of Dharma?

Dharma is closed to new features, so this won't be making it into Dharma, but once Dharma is done I believe SVN downloads will become available again so you can simply download one of those instead (and hope no instabilities were introduced anywhere by anyone Smile )

Thanks,
Harry
Harry Muscle Wrote:Dharma is closed to new features, so this won't be making it into Dharma, but once Dharma is done I believe SVN downloads will become available again so you can simply download one of those instead (and hope no instabilities were introduced anywhere by anyone Smile )

Thanks,
Harry

Any way this could be turned into an "add-on" and installed over the add-on manager?

I would so much prefer to work with the stable Dharma (once it is out) instead of working with an SVN version. Having said this, sling support is what I am waiting for in years, so would go this route if no other way...
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Slingbox Client - Development Status3