A little update on what's been happening.
The initial patch was submitted (http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10464
) and I got feedback on it from the XBMC devs. I decided to go a little overboard
and do a complete rewrite to not only incorporate what the devs suggested but also lots of other changes that will add support for features not initially in the patch, plus lots of code cleanup.
The new patch should be ready in a few more days hopefully. The main things left are to add input switching support (I think I have it figured out, just need to code it). I also would like to add support of getting messages back from the Slingbox with status on which input is selected, which channel, etc.
The biggest hurdle to over come has been enabling support for resolutions over 320x240. I finally reverse engineered things and figured out how to enable higher resolutions, however, the problem is that as soon as you enable these higher resolutions, the Slingbox turns on encryption of the stream. It's nothing heavy duty cause you can still more or less make out what's on the screen, but it's definitely not watchable.
So I'm gonna be looking for help from anyone familiar with codecs and/or decryption to see if we might be able to figure out what they have done to the feed and correct it on our end.
That's about it for all the major stuff, lots of minor stuff, but that's not really worth typing about