• 3(current)
XBMC Slingbox Client - Development Status
steve1977 Wrote:Any way this could be turned into an "add-on" and installed over the add-on manager?

I would so much prefer to work with the stable Dharma (once it is out) instead of working with an SVN version. Having said this, sling support is what I am waiting for in years, so would go this route if no other way...

Add-ons are python script based. This required compiled C++ code to make it work. Sorry, but you'll have to work with the SVN to get your hands on this Smile

Harry
Version 3 (and most likely final version) of the patch has been uploaded to the trac ticket (http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10464). Works with all Slingboxes tested and now also allows IR commands to be sent in order to change channels, etc. Also allows configuration in advancesettings.xml to be different for each Slingbox if you are connecting to more than one. Once this gets into the SVN I'll write up a wiki article explaining all this. Or if anyone wants more info now and is compiling from code to test feel free to post here and I'll provide help.

Thanks,
Harry
Hi Harry

Do you still need people to test this? If so I would be willing to give you my slingbox ip address. I just treid to PM you but it does not seem to work. Please can you send me a PM and I will reply with my slingbox details.

Also how do I install this? I don't know anything about compiling code, so would be great if there was a guide or something. Do you plan to make a simple installer?

Thanks Adam
marada Wrote:Hi Harry

Do you still need people to test this? If so I would be willing to give you my slingbox ip address. I just treid to PM you but it does not seem to work. Please can you send me a PM and I will reply with my slingbox details.

Also how do I install this? I don't know anything about compiling code, so would be great if there was a guide or something. Do you plan to make a simple installer?

Thanks Adam

You probably can't send me a PM cause you just joined the forum (cuts down on spam from bots this way). Which Slingbox model do you have? If you have one I haven't tested yet I'd love to try connecting.

Only way right now to get this working is to compile the code. Once Dharma is released you should be able to once again download the latest compiled copies of XBMC. Unfortunately until then manual compiling is required.

Harry
This Thread made me decide to buy a Slingbox Solo. I just don't get how to install it. By the way.. is mine a good choice or there are cheaper/better solution to stream cable/satellite to Xbmc?
Thanks a lot
lottomotto Wrote:This Thread made me decide to buy a Slingbox Solo. I just don't get how to install it. By the way.. is mine a good choice or there are cheaper/better solution to stream cable/satellite to Xbmc?
Thanks a lot

You mean you don't get how to install the Slingbox, or how to install the patch? If it's the Slingbox, I think they have lots of info on the actual Slingbox site. If it's the patch, you have to manually compile XBMC with the patch, or you can wait until Dharma is released and precompiled SVN versions of XBMC are available again.

Harry
Harry Muscle Wrote:You mean you don't get how to install the Slingbox, or how to install the patch? If it's the Slingbox, I think they have lots of info on the actual Slingbox site. If it's the patch, you have to manually compile XBMC with the patch, or you can wait until Dharma is released and precompiled SVN versions of XBMC are available again.

Harry

I was talking about the patch.. are there instructions on how to compile the XBMC? I'll order the Solo through ebay so I have time to study and learn.
thanks a lot for your help.
Hey guys.
I don't have an XBMC but would be glad to help you with this project. I run the placeshiftingenthusiasts.com site and can also get you access to any Slingbox you need to test on. Just PM me here or there if I can help.
lottomotto Wrote:I was talking about the patch.. are there instructions on how to compile the XBMC? I'll order the Solo through ebay so I have time to study and learn.
thanks a lot for your help.

Check wiki.xbmc.org. There's a page dedicated to each OS, here's the one for Windows for example: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...ource_code

Thanks,
Harry
Brandon C Wrote:Hey guys.
I don't have an XBMC but would be glad to help you with this project. I run the placeshiftingenthusiasts.com site and can also get you access to any Slingbox you need to test on. Just PM me here or there if I can help.

Sounds interesting. I'd love to be able to test my patch on the Pro-HD, but I won't have any spare time until beginning of next week or if not then, two weeks from now. I'll bug you for more details then Smile

Thanks,
Harry
I have a slingbox solo that you could use for testing.. PM me if you need it.

I also have questions about the patch and how to apply it..

Thanks,
Pentafive
Pentafive Wrote:I have a slingbox solo that you could use for testing.. PM me if you need it.

I also have questions about the patch and how to apply it..

Thanks,
Pentafive

Thank you for the offer, I've already had the chance to test on that model. The one model that's still outstanding is the HD Pro. I think someone in this thread has offered access to "multiple" models, I just haven't had a chance to follow up due to other things keeping me busy.

Thanks,
Harry
I have a slingbox hd, that you could use for testing. PM me if your are interested.
Hello,

I didn't understand if you were able to solve the resolution problem.

Great amazing work by the way
SeeDrs Wrote:I have a slingbox hd, that you could use for testing. PM me if your are interested.

Thank you for the offer, I'll send you a PM when I'll have some time to do more testing. Might be a few weeks unfortunately cause of all the other stuff happening.

Thanks,
Harry
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Slingbox Client - Development Status3