Shortcut keys for subtitles/audio offset?
Question 
Hello.

Is it possible to assign quick keyboard shortcuts to subtitle and audio offset, so I directly gets the slide bar on top of screen while playing?

Sometimes some subtitles are slighlty oos and then they are in sync, so I need to adjust the offset a few time, so it would be great if it was possible.

Thx
HTPC specs: AMD A8-6600K Quadcore 3.9-4.2GHz | GeForce GT1030 
Gigabyte FM2+ GA-F2A78M-D3H | Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB | Win10 Pro x64 | Kodi 19.0 Matrix | Samsung Q60R | WD My Cloud 4TB NAS.
Have a look at http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Action_IDs. The actions you want are:

subtitledelay Show subtitle delay slider
subtitledelayminus Decrease subtitle delay
subtitledelayplus Increase subtitle delay
audiodelay Show audio delay slider
audiodelayminus Decrease AV sync delay
audiodelayplus Increase AV sync delay

You need to edit your keyboard.xml to add the key mappings. The easy way to do this is to install my MCERemote addon from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/ as it has an option to create and edit a template keyboard.xml. If you prefer to create the file manually press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

notepad %appdata%\xbmc\userdata\keymaps\keyboard.xml

If you're prompted to create a new file answer "Yes".

You need to choose what keys to map. Suppose you want to use ctrl-left and ctrl-right to adjust the subtitle delay and ctrl-shift-left and ctrl-shift-right for the audio delay. You need the keyboard.xml to look something like:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <left mod="ctrl">subtitledelayminus</left>
      <right mod="ctrl">subtitledelayplus</right>
      <left mod="ctrl,shift">audiodelayminus</left>
      <right mod="ctrl,shift">audiodelayplus</right>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>
I've just tested this keyboard.xml on my system so I'm confident it works :-)

JR
i have on my apple remote the function when i press "select"long (button 7) the slider comes in front.

put this in video section "<button id="7">subtitledelay</button>"
Thx, exactly what I needed.
:-)
HTPC specs: AMD A8-6600K Quadcore 3.9-4.2GHz | GeForce GT1030 
Gigabyte FM2+ GA-F2A78M-D3H | Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB | Win10 Pro x64 | Kodi 19.0 Matrix | Samsung Q60R | WD My Cloud 4TB NAS.
Hello,
I'm new at XBMC- start using it like two days ago.
I have a question about fixing subtitles offset.
But first- LOVE the app! It's amazing!

Ok- I'm using the iOS app- xbmcRemote- on my iphone and my iPad (also- great app)
Is there a shortcut the fix subtitles offset from this iPhone/iPad app?
Is there a way to make this shortcut in this iPhone/iPad app?
Or maybe there is a better app for iOS? (iPhone and iPad...)

Thank you !
(2014-04-01, 13:23)Ayelit Wrote: Is there a shortcut the fix subtitles offset from this iPhone/iPad app?

Nope

(2014-04-01, 13:23)Ayelit Wrote: Is there a way to make this shortcut in this iPhone/iPad app?

Nope
(2014-04-01, 13:23)Ayelit Wrote: Or maybe there is a better app for iOS? (iPhone and iPad...)

It is not 'better' but offers a sollution
(2010-10-06, 10:28)jhsrennie Wrote: Have a look at http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Action_IDs. The actions you want are:

subtitledelay Show subtitle delay slider
subtitledelayminus Decrease subtitle delay
subtitledelayplus Increase subtitle delay
audiodelay Show audio delay slider
audiodelayminus Decrease AV sync delay
audiodelayplus Increase AV sync delay

You need to edit your keyboard.xml to add the key mappings. The easy way to do this is to install my MCERemote addon from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/ as it has an option to create and edit a template keyboard.xml. If you prefer to create the file manually press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

notepad %appdata%\xbmc\userdata\keymaps\keyboard.xml

If you're prompted to create a new file answer "Yes".

You need to choose what keys to map. Suppose you want to use ctrl-left and ctrl-right to adjust the subtitle delay and ctrl-shift-left and ctrl-shift-right for the audio delay. You need the keyboard.xml to look something like:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <left mod="ctrl">subtitledelayminus</left>
      <right mod="ctrl">subtitledelayplus</right>
      <left mod="ctrl,shift">audiodelayminus</left>
      <right mod="ctrl,shift">audiodelayplus</right>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>
I've just tested this keyboard.xml on my system so I'm confident it works :-)

JR

not working for me... I'm using Linux and supposedly keyboard.xml is under /home/user/.kodi/userdata
first of all there was none but I created one and put that code in.... no use..... the left, right, up and down keys just behave as the did before...
up = skip 10 minutes forwards
down = skip 10 mintes backwards
left = skip 10 seconds backwards
right = skip 10 seconds forwards

so either this all doesn work or the file has to be somewhere else and/or has another name....

btw I'm running Krypton
In kodi krypton i see that in subtitles it not show subtitles offset how can i installed on add it in the movie menu?
I was able to do it by downloading "Keymap editor" add-on from Kodi settings and after opening the program click on edit/full screen video/Subtitle/Delay/Edit key/click on any unassigned key within 5 seconds (I chose "Q") and then hit "escape" a few times to "save" and exit the Keymap editor. Now, when I am playing videos that have issues with subtitle sync, I simply hit "Q" and the subtitle offset bar appears on the top of the screen and I can easily use left and right arrows on the keyboard to adjust the delay.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shortcut keys for subtitles/audio offset?0