• 6(current)
Night - 1.4.7 -Release/General Discussion
Dudu.exe Wrote:Few sugestion for this Skin!

in Showcase view (fanart not dark showcase), Title and flags are missing! ( titles are useful for confusing posters and for fastscoll )

In poster View

all posters are in perspective, the selected one should be straigt ( normal ) i think it should look much better!

In Slide view, i think it could be a little more fan art friendly! if unselected posters are smaller and all poster are placed a little lower!

and A problem!

A problem in TV Show "files" views, when the episode number has two digits, like 10, 11 etc.

In portuguese at lease the last number apears outside the screen

Temporada 2 Episódio 12 ( the 2 in 12 do not apear, maybe it should scroll or something! )

Sorry no screenshots..

1. I did have the title on Showcase w/fanart option then took it out, should make it an option though...
2. Poster view- Since that one of the views that define "Night" probably best leave that view alone.
3. Might be open to lowering the size but not everything has to revolve around fanart, in my opinion....
4. I'll look into that episode file view labels....

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Sorry if it has been asked before but I can't for the life of me manage to get the studio icon flags to display in Night. I have copied the bitmaps in extras/Studios and it does not seem to work. What am I missing here? Thanks for your help!

@+,
Sha!
shaman are you running windows, because the linux location for the media flags is

~/.xbmc/addons/skin.night/media/flagging/ flagging/audio /flagging/video /flagging/aspectratio /flagging/ratings

-=Jason=-
@Flomaster: yes I am running Windows and Night is located in C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.night.
In media I only have an xbt file. What I am looking for is a way to display the studio logos in addition to the media flags in movie views. Is there a way to do that?

@+,
Sha!
my git pull says i am up to date, but I do not have "next aired" working Sad I had it working before I wiped and installed beta3

my info is as follows:
rated
episodes
Genre
First Premiered
(insert next aired here for I am missing)

it doesn't say that, but its not there anymore Sad

Code:
Python thread: start processing
22:37:46 T:3054114688 M:2986770432   DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : Translating XBMC.RunScript(script.tv.show.next.aired,silent=True&alarm=3600)
22:37:46 T:3054114688 M:2986516480   DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : To XBMC.RunScript(script.tv.show.next.aired,silent=True&alarm=3600)
22:37:46 T:3054114688 M:2986516480   DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Could not return information about unknown plug-in script.tv.show.next.aired.'
22:37:46 T:3054114688 M:2986516480   ERROR: Python script "script.tv.show.next.aired" does not exist

-=Jason=-
EDIT: I solved this the same way I solved the logo script...wget from the repo website http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/dharma-pre/ then install via addons, restart xbmc and your golden
with beta3 not all addons are available for the downloading it seems....because while browsing the repo the logo script and the next aired do not appear as an option to download.
is that an xbmc bug?
Next aired doesnt work for me either. I updated through the repo on Monday and had a message about the next aired addon being enabled. However I cannot see it in any of my TV views.

Running the Live version of Dharma 3 at the moment.
BigMonty what does you debug log say about the next aired script... mine said it couldn't find it and rightfully so as I had not installed it yet.

-=Jason=-
next aired can be downloader from repo, it will appear in video addon and is installed by skin dependancy.

logo script is downloaded by skin dependancy.

dependancy mean that if you install the skin directly from git, it won't download the script.
PPIC, thats why those weren't working for me, I wonder what else I might be missing out on since I did a Git Clone install

-=Jason=-
Just thought I should mention that since moving to the official release of Night, the skin is running as smooth as it was before I used the git version. In other words my theory of XBT being much better for Atom systems then just uncompressed folder structure is indeed true.

This does add the issue of not being able to edit whatever I please, though I am fine with that. Awesome Skin, keep them updates coming!
u can make ur own xbt either as a theme or replace the main texture. i'm not sure what u need, but could be done.
Currently addicted to Night. Watch this teaser and join the forum.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs from the ClearLOGO site and forum
Try my changes to the Night skin if u like how they looks
zwat Wrote:u can make ur own xbt either as a theme or replace the main texture. i'm not sure what u need, but could be done.

I know that but from what I understand its really complicated for people who have no experience what so ever.
Makes it a little harder to say swap an image you'd have to change it via code instead of just overwriting it...

Like you want to change landscape/poster_thumb.png you have to make your own folder and put the image in there so now it's:

mobious/poster_thumb.png and change that line in the code...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
mcborzu Wrote:Makes it a little harder to say swap an image you'd have to change it via code instead of just overwriting it...

Like you want to change landscape/poster_thumb.png you have to make your own folder and put the image in there so now it's:

mobious/poster_thumb.png and change that line in the code...

I know, its much easier to have the folder structure, I am just saying that an XBT makes things run smoother thats all :p you can still delete the XBT file and have the folder structure instead, I tried it and it works. I am just saying that for my Acer Revo 3610, running the skin from an XBT makes it run alot smoother than it does with the normal structure.
Code:
A suggested method of creating a theme is as follows:
Run TexturePacker.exe on the folder containing the default texture files, to generate Textures.xbt as you would normally do.
Identify the textures you wish to have themed and copy them to a separate folder.
Create a separate folder for each theme outside of your normal skin work area, and place the altered copies of each of the textures in them.
Run TexturePacker.exe on each of the theme folders created in step 3 to create the themed .xbt files (note you can use the -output switch with TexturePacker.exe to name the theme appropriately).
Place Textures.xbt and each of the theme .xbt files in the media/ folder of your skin. XBMC will automatically pick them up.
don't look that hard
Currently addicted to Night. Watch this teaser and join the forum.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs from the ClearLOGO site and forum
Try my changes to the Night skin if u like how they looks
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Night - 1.4.7 -Release/General Discussion1