Lenovo Ideacentre Q150 and Dharma b2
Hey XBMC Guys !

just felt like letting you know :

Today Amazon delivered my brandnew Lenovo IdeaCentre Q150 and after the usual 10 mins of Windows7 setup (you know, username etc) and another 20 mins of Win7 updates the first thing i did was install XBMC Dharma Beta2 and map my network drive (on another Win7 machine, mapped as drive ZSmile.

So, after booting up XBMC, i set the Source for the Movies, downloaded Shade as the Skin, setup Hardware Accelerated DXVA2 and tried out the first movie ...

Flawless ! It runs 25-35 MB/s FullHD movies over HDMI on my 40" screen without the slightest stutter, and without any kind of hassle setting the system up (no compiling, no branched version, nothing!)

This, dear XBMC development team, is _exactly_ where i wanted to see XBMC go ... and it looks alot like you absolutely nailed it this time !

You have brought XBMC to a level where delivering it packaged with hardware has become a serious option, and i hope this is going to start soon in a big way, because you have obviously managed to work all kinks out necessary to make it absolutely user-friendly (i am aware of many of the kinks still going on, but for a non-tech-savvy person, they mostly don't even come up).

Kudos guys ! Been using the whole palette of scene-software (XBMC, Boxee, Plex on my Mac, Windows Media Server etc) and i'm finally _really_ impressed !

Keep it up !
Fractal Design Node 304 | Intel i3-3225 | Gigabyte H77N-WiFi | 4GB RAM | Intel HD 4000
Samsung UE55F6500 | Denon AVR-X2000 | Infinity Reference MKII 5.1 + Quadrapole
Kodi 17.1 Kryptonite | Arctic : Zephyr
Okay, I have this system and it plays 1080p choppily. I haven't setup Hardware Accelerated DXVA2, maybe that is the problem. I have no idea how to do that. If anyone has the idiots guide instructions to do that I would love to get this to run 1080p.
SHen350 Wrote:Okay, I have this system and it plays 1080p choppily. I haven't setup Hardware Accelerated DXVA2, maybe that is the problem. I have no idea how to do that. If anyone has the idiots guide instructions to do that I would love to get this to run 1080p.

Go into settings\video\playback and there is a radio button to enable DXVA also make sure you are using a newer nvidia driver
Yep, that did it. Runs streaming 1080p like a charm now. Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lenovo Ideacentre Q150 and Dharma b20