Changing the draw order of the info window
Is it possible to do this? If specifics are needed, is it possible with Confluence? I've changed around the info panel so that it pops up from the bottom, and I've left space at the bottom for the horizontal row of movie posters (visible when in the Fanart view). But the video info window always appears in FRONT of these posters. I've searched for every possible name that the video info window goes by (movieinformation, WINDOW_VIDEO_INFO, 12003, 2003, DialogVideoInfo.xml) in all the relevant skin xmls. I've also gone through some of the source code. I can't find ANYTHING related to the info window's draw order anywhere. How can this be achieved?
Maybe using zorder but I'm not sure without testing it?

EDIT: It seems not -

Quote:zorder
This specifies the “depth” that the window should be drawn at. Windows with higher zorder are drawn on top of windows with lower z-order. All dialogs by default have zorder 1, so if you have a particular dialog that you want underneath all others, give it a zorder of 0. (Note that the normal render order is: The base window, then the overlays (music + video), then dialogs. <zorder> only effects the rendering of the dialogs.
Hitcher Wrote:Maybe using zorder but I'm not sure without testing it?

EDIT: It seems not -

you could include everything (or better, only the parts which need to be behind the posters) in myvideonav.xml and add <visible>Window.IsVisible(videoinformation)</visible> (should work for everything but the actors list)
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
I think the trouble he's having is trying to get the info screen to slide up behind the posters but because it's a dialog it will always be in front of the base window.
that´s why I say that the background texture should be in myvideonav.xml (or the other media xmls) with the visibility tag set to only show up when the Info Dialog is open.
that way works at least for DialogSeekbar.xml/dialogfullscreeninfo.xml, my dialogfullscreeninfo.xml in Aeon65 is completely empty)
I can give an example if my english is too bad to explain this Smile
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Sorry, I misunderstood.
So you're saying I should make the DialogVideoInfo.xml completely empty, no image, no text, nothing? And then everything that would normally be there, move it to MyVideoNav.xml and make it only appear when the empty video information window is there right? Would everything still work fine? Eg. would the window still slide in and slide out, everything is still selectable using the same values, etc.
GtwoK Wrote:So you're saying I should make the DialogVideoInfo.xml completely empty, no image, no text, nothing? And then everything that would normally be there, move it to MyVideoNav.xml and make it only appear when the empty video information window is there right? Would everything still work fine? Eg. would the window still slide in and slide out, everything is still selectable using the same values, etc.

as i said, actors list won´t be possible if you include EVERYTHING in myvideonav.xml (has to to with the amount of overhead when scrolling, that´s why this is not possible) you could use the dialogvideoinfo.xml for that of course, just include the background texture in myvideonav and the whole text in dialogvideoinfo. not the cleanest solution (the text won´t be able to slide up BEHIND the posters, but you could let it fade in when the panel is at its position), but possible.
phil65 Wrote:as i said, actors list won´t be possible if you include EVERYTHING in myvideonav.xml (has to to with the amount of overhead when scrolling, that´s why this is not possible) you could use the dialogvideoinfo.xml for that of course, just include the background texture in myvideonav and the whole text in dialogvideoinfo. not the cleanest solution (the text won´t be able to slide up BEHIND the posters, but you could let it fade in when the panel is at its position), but possible.

Alright, so since the Cast list isn't the default view, would i be able to have dialogvideoinfo just do the cast (which fades in after the window is up, so you won't see it in front of the posters), and then have everything else slide up behind?
GtwoK Wrote:Alright, so since the Cast list isn't the default view, would i be able to have dialogvideoinfo just do the cast (which fades in after the window is up, so you won't see it in front of the posters), and then have everything else slide up behind?

yes, that should be possible I think.
Alright, this worked perfectly! There's just one problem - the animations. Because it is no longer operating in the video info xml window, I can no longer tell it to display the slide in/slide out animation on windowopen/windowclose. For windowopen, this is easily fixed by telling it to slide when the info window becomes visible. But how do you make it slide out right when you hit the button? Making it go when the window is hidden delays the animation until after the information has disapeared.

EDIT: Actually, you know what? Never mind, wasn't thinking. Just to see if it worked I only tried copying over the background image. I realized that the problem is the window isn't actually hidden 'til the info is gone, so after I move all the info over to the other xml file, it will instantly become hidden upon hitting the button, thus fixing my problem (I think).

Quick question though haven't tried it so not sure if it works, but there's something else I'd like to do. I want the movie poster that is currently selected (as in before you hit it to bring up the info box) to, when chosen, slide/zoom/rotate to the info bar. I know how to this, but when setting these values, it isn't "move to this point on the screen", it's "move these values in this direction". Would this be a problem once you get to the begining/end of the list where the highlighted item isn't directly in the middle? As in would it be no longer moving to the right point, since all the other ones or set to the right position as if they were in the middle? Sorry if this doesn't make much sense, I could explain better if needed.
Don't forget you'll have to add the selected poster to the dialogfullscreeninfo.xml so it will change when you choose a different video that the actor was in when using the cast list.
OK, I've gotten everything on the correct "layer", I guess you could cal, it. I am experiencing a bit of a problem again though; when you first open the info box, everything fades and slides in as it supposed to. But when you close the info box, or open it again, everything that is being stored in the myvideonav.xml just slides in, and doesn't fade. They are all told to fade out when the control becomes hidden, so I'm not sure what the problem would be. I would guess the only problem is with hiding it though, I think the reason they dont fade in after the first time is because they aren't actually hidden.

Here are the xml files, I think you just need to backup the ones from confluence and replace them with these to get what I've done? Also, the code isn't very clean right now, but search for "info box" in the myvideonav file to find the comment signifying the start of it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?o26h8b4h8xmi4

EDIT: Oh yeah, another problem. For some reason the "Plot" label and movie description just appear when the info box is loaded, instead of fading in. They are using the same code that is working to make other things successfully fade in, so I don't see why these aren't working. They do fade out though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing the draw order of the info window0