[Executor]Windows 7 - Launching Boxee?
Even trying the shortcut to overcome the space bug doesn't work. Or even installing boxee in other places other than "Program Files" I get this error(s):

then hit OK:

Anyone able to launch Boxee using Executor and W7? Thx...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
mcborzu Wrote:Even trying the shortcut to overcome the space bug doesn't work. Or even installing boxee in other places other than "Program Files" I get this error(s):

then hit OK:

Anyone able to launch Boxee using Executor and W7? Thx...

I have the same Issue, tried with Launcher and same Problem appears. You've found a solution ?
Hi - I had this problem a little while ago, I wrote a small exe to launch boxee (then launched this from XBMC), cant quite remember what the trick was - im at work at the moment but when I get back ill dig it out.
OK jumped on the VPN and have my original code - looks like I sorted it by launching the Boxee executable as the logged in user, as I said was a while ago and cant say why I needed to do it this way but it works. If you have a way to compile your own ill add my code (VB.NET) to the end of the post, if not let me know and ill knock something together that's a little more user friendly...

** Edit **

Scratch that just use the one below, source is in the zip.
rooster790 Wrote:OK jumped on the VPN and have my original code - looks like I sorted it by launching the Boxee executable as the logged in user, as I said was a while ago and cant say why I needed to do it this way but it works. If you have a way to compile your own ill add my code (VB.NET) to the end of the post, if not let me know and ill knock something together that's a little more user friendly...

(im by no means a programmer so please no laughter here...)
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Imports System.Threading
Imports System.Security

Module Module1

Sub Main()

Dim spassword As New SecureString()
Dim password As String

'PUT YOUR PASSWORD HERE !
password = "XXXXXXXXX"

Dim c As Char
For Each c In password

spassword.AppendChar©

Next c

'PATH TO BOXEE !
Dim appexe As String = "c:\program files\boxee\boxee.exe"

'XXXXXX = Username !
'YYYYYY = Domain or Computer Name
Dim BoxProc As Process = Process.Start(appexe, "XXXXXX", spassword, "YYYYYY")

' wait until process exits before returning to XBMC
Do Until BoxProc.WaitForExit(1000)
Loop

End Sub

End Module

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you mate. I'll try it this evening.

Cheers
Hey again, put together another app, you wont need to compile this one. - you can get it HERE - just update the BoxeeLauncher.exe.config with your info and then just launch BoxeeLauncher.exe from XBMC. It's not pretty but it works fine for me, it may not work with UAC enabled if your on Vista or 7 (I have it switched off on my media machine).

Let me know how it goes...
Sorry, i have tried and don't seems working on Win 7, UAC disabled.
Any other suggestion?
Thanx
oh Sad what does it do? just running the exe should launch boxee - did you fill in the username etc in the xml?

If you run BoxeeLauncher.exe from the command line you should be able to see any errors.
rooster790 Wrote:oh Sad what does it do? just running the exe should launch boxee - did you fill in the username etc in the xml?

Yes, i have set path, username, password, comp.name and saved the cfg file. When i start the exe, i see a window opening a clothing very fast but boxee won't start. Started msconfig, tools, and disabled UAC.
Pretty Sweet! Just noticed this thread had some responses...

Worked for me - W7 with UAC off...thx!

rooster790 Wrote:oh Sad what does it do? just running the exe should launch boxee - did you fill in the username etc in the xml?

If you run BoxeeLauncher.exe from the command line you should be able to see any errors.

Here my settings:
I've tried nearly everything; but no positive results.
Heeelp Sad

PHP Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
  <appSettings>
    <add key="Path" value="C:\Program Files\Boxee\BOXEE.exe" />
    <add key="User" value="butchabay" />
    <add key="Password" value="1234567" />
    <add key="Domain" value="Mediaportal-PC" />
  </appSettings>
</configuration> 
disabling UAC is not a good idea in general.. thats like going back to xp.

i had the same error with xbmc 9.04, if you run it as administrator (right-click -> run as administrator) it should work perfect.
@butchabay

other than you having C:\Program Files\Boxee\BOXEE.exe I have mine in D:\Holdover\Boxee\BOXEE.exe everything else was the same...

butchabay Wrote:When i start the exe, i see a window opening a clothing very fast but boxee won't start. Started msconfig, tools, and disabled UAC.

Sorry man, put this together pretty quickly - Your settings look fine. If you run the BoxeeLauncher.exe from the command shell you should see the error (if there is one) output on the screen.

zakmes Wrote:disabling UAC is not a good idea in general.. thats like going back to xp.

Agreed not a good idea in general, but as my media centre pretty much only runs XBMC it's not a problem.

Also as the launcher program starts Boxee with alternative credentials and I think UAC would have something to say about that (not tried it) - I'm sure theres a way to code around it but I haven't really got the time to learn .NET to that extent.

mcborzu Wrote:Pretty Sweet! Just noticed this thread had some responses...

Worked for me - W7 with UAC off...thx!

Cool - glad to be of help.
Quote:Sorry man, put this together pretty quickly - Your settings look fine. If you run the BoxeeLauncher.exe from the command shell you should see the error (if there is one) output on the screen.

That's the clue, i don't see any errors, just DOS Window opening and clothing again. I really can't understand that. Maybe i have the possibilty to Map A Key Shortcut on my remote to start Boxee. Thanx anyway for your help.

Cheers Oo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Executor]Windows 7 - Launching Boxee?0