Yet Another Dual Audio output question
Sorry, I know this topic has been covered before in many threads, but that is part of my issue.

I just installed Dharma Beta 2 on a Zotac ION based PC. I am looking to get the audio to play from both HDMI (to TV) and Optical (to soundbar), so that my wife does not have to turn on the soundbar when watching a chick flick or the shows recorded from a MythTV box.

I have read a lot of the guides but am getting really confused. Some of these guides are a few months/years old, and I am not really sure which information is valid.... so I am looking for someone to point me to a guide which will work with Dharma, and the version of Alsa currently installed with the current XBMCFreak install, which I think is 1.0.22.

I can get audio from TV only, Soundbar only, but not both at the same time. If it is important, my most of my files are encoded to mkv's with AC3 audio tracks.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
OK, so it appears that I almost had it working. In order for me to get the TV to play properly, I need XBMC set to 2.0 and have the options for AC3 and DTS deselected.

In order to have the Soundbar play properly, I need to have XBMC set to 5.1 with AC3 and DTS selected.

Is there any way to have XBMC provide the settings for the 2 separate outputs? There appears to be a way to get it working through Alsa, but I had no luck with that method (more than likely user error though).

Thanks.
Hi,
I need the same resolving.
Greetz
I've developed such feature support, see this:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=86038
Great Work! I have a question about this, but I will ask it in that thread!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yet Another Dual Audio output question0