[RELEASE] Trakt.tv (Plugin) TV and Movie Scrobbler Addon

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Votes - 4.9 Average
pHo Offline
Has anyone had any issues with it on Eden RC2 on an Apple TV2 ? I installed the plugin on both my HTPC and ATV2 yesterday and it only seems to trigger from the HTPC.

The plugin is installed fine and the username/password must be right because when I go into the Apps and load up the plugin, I can see my friends list etc. Any idea why it's not telling trakt what I'm watching?
find quote
DrMedia Offline
just discovered this, so thought Id give it a go... Im using Openelec 1.02 based on XBMC 10, installed the official plugin, created account... and, well, er.. nothing...

I assume that all of the shows and films I have in my library should show up on trakt?
find quote
pHo Offline
Did you go into the plugin settings and tell it to sync, then reboot? It can take a while but it should all turn up then.
find quote
DrMedia Offline
pHo Wrote:Did you go into the plugin settings and tell it to sync, then reboot? It can take a while but it should all turn up then.

Think so, ill re-check.. i did enable everything that needed enabling!
find quote
zeltak Offline
Hi all

Just discoverd tract.tv and really amazed..but..is there anyway to export/liberate your data/lists? ive been burned before with online 'cloud' services and would want to know before i put time into this

best

Z.
find quote
rectifyer Offline
trakt.tv admin
@DrMedia this plugin only scrobbles what you are watching. To fill in your watched and collected items, you should use trakt utilities instead.

@zeltak we have a full API to get all your data http://trakt.tv/api-docs/user-library-shows-watched is a good start to look at. Any data you put into the system can be retrieved via the API.

[Image: all-thin-banner@2x.jpg]

trakt.tv - Track what you're watching. Discover new shows & movies.
forum thread - @trakt on twitter - support
find quote
zeltak Offline
thx rectifyer

but what does one with zero coding knwoledge do? i dont know how to program, or even read API's...is there any futue plans for a simple export (even a txt file would be great). i really want to start using trakt heavily but again want to know i will be able to export my data at some stage

best

Z.
find quote
x5nder Offline
I can't get trakt.tv to work with my Eden RC2 install. XBMC log gives me this error:

20:27:57 T:2864642928 ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 552, in __bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.TraktUtilities/notification_service.py", line 80, in run
scrobbler.playbackEnded()
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.TraktUtilities/scrobbler.py", line 98, in playbackEnded
self.check()
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.TraktUtilities/scrobbler.py", line 158, in check
if (self.watchedTime/self.totalTime)*100>=float(scrobbleMinViewTimeOption):
ValueError: could not convert string to float:

Any ideas?

XBMC Frodo running on Mac Mini (2010) with FLIRC receiver. Cabling: HDMI & optical audio out.
find quote
rectifyer Offline
trakt.tv admin
@zeltak nothing in the immediate plans since the API provides all that info currently. Down the line I can see us adding it to the web interface, but the data is definitely accessible and will remain available via the API.

@x5nder check out trakt utilities which is build specifically for eden.

find quote
exchequer Offline
My girlfriend pressed the blue arrow (skip?) at the rate show screen. Now I no longer seem to get the popup. I checked the configuration and it is enabled. I also tried changing the required watched to 5% and then re-starting the file and skipping through it with +30 sec.

Is there anyway for me to trigger the rating popup?

edit: I'm in the wrong topic. Sorry.
(This post was last modified: 2012-04-07 03:49 by exchequer.)
find quote
Death-Axe Offline
Posting Freak
Couple of things, I changed to using trakt utilities because kept crashing xbmc, Secondly a site issue (do you have an official forum I could post this??) On the recommended section, items that have been dismissed keep returning to the list. This makes the dismiss feature completely worthless. Fix it please!

[Image: widget]
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
find quote
Shinu Offline
Posting Freak
hey rectifyer, i was wondering how often the top members list is updated on trakt.tv? because my tv show and movie collections are larger than a number of members mentioned, and i'm yet to make the list.

[Image: sigpic_71695_ea6badd43f8af70382024c3e138d01b9.jpg]
[Image: watched-fanart.jpg]
[Image: widget]
find quote
BEWBTUBE Offline
wrong thread
(This post was last modified: 2012-07-11 13:59 by BEWBTUBE.)
find quote
jiggsaw Offline
(2012-03-16 03:48)zeltak Wrote:  Hi all

Just discoverd tract.tv and really amazed..but..is there anyway to export/liberate your data/lists? ive been burned before with online 'cloud' services and would want to know before i put time into this

best

Z.

That would be awesome

[Image: all-thin-fanart.jpg]
find quote
rectifyer Offline
trakt.tv admin
The API gives full access to all your data and more, not a problem at all of not getting your data out.

find quote