MCERemote+Harmony one
Ive now used the remotecontroll who came with my Asrock 330 for a while, but now Ive bought myselve a Logitech Harmony One. It works pretty vell but I "need" some more functions. I have installed the MCERemote addon, and after that I am (temporarily) happy with the remote in XBMC.
But, when I installed the MCERemote addon, the abbility to use the remote in spotify dissapearedSad Is this possible to fix?
I allso want to be able to switch between spotify and xbmc with the remote.

The reason why I want these features is to controll my mediacenter without a mouse.

Im running dharma b2 in win7 on my asrock330, remote is harmony one.

Thanks in advanceWink
you can give eventghost a shot

OR you can read through jhsrennie's guides to figure out how he modifies the registry, so you can modify the original registry entry (rather than use his plugin) to ONLY change the buttons that need remapping, such as the green button, and other WMC only buttons, etc. and leave most if the buttons with their original MCE functions. That way spotify would still work and you woudn't have to use an external software such as eventghost either. (That's what I did, took me a while figure it all out, but it's not that hard)
The MCERemote addon configures the remote to send the standard Media Center keyboard shortcuts like ctl-shift-P for Play, ctrl-shift-S for Stop etc. I've never used Spotify but a quick search of the web site found http://www.spotify.com/uk/help/keyboard-shortcuts/ and this shows that Spotify does not use the MCE keyboard shortcuts.

I can think of two ways you could get round this. One way would be to configure the remote to send the Spotify shortcuts then write a custome keyboard.xml to make XBMX respond to the Spotify keyboard shortcuts. The other way would be to use Eventghost since you can configure it differently for different applications.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:I can think of two ways you could get round this. One way would be to configure the remote to send the Spotify shortcuts then write a custome keyboard.xml to make XBMX respond to the Spotify keyboard shortcuts.

JR

This is the way I was thinking to do it, but im not sure how to do it. I have tryed to find the guide aptalca was talking about, but couldnt find it (I know Ive seen it before).
Do I have to deactivate the wmc-shortcuts somewhere in the wmc-settings? Because I think wmc and spotify use some of the same shortcuts.
If you've installed my MCERemote addon have a look in %appdata%\xbmc\addons\plugin.script.mceremote\resources\data you'll find a ReadMe.txt that describes how the key mapping works on MS remotes. There are also example .reg files and a pdf giving all the codes you need to map keypresses.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:If you've installed my MCERemote addon have a look in %appdata%\xbmc\addons\plugin.script.mceremote\resources\data you'll find a ReadMe.txt that describes how the key mapping works on MS remotes. There are also example .reg files and a pdf giving all the codes you need to map keypresses.

JR

That sounds very good, Il try it later todaySmile

I allso have another question. Do you (ore anyone else) know if its possible to make a special button on the harmony one touch screen to switch between two different profiles in xbmc?
joeranjensen Wrote:That sounds very good, Il try it later todaySmile

I allso have another question. Do you (ore anyone else) know if its possible to make a special button on the harmony one touch screen to switch between two different profiles in xbmc?

Have a look at http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=List_of_Built_In_Functions

There is a LoadProfile function. I've never used it, but it looks worth experimenting with.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCERemote+Harmony one0