[LIVE] Dharma2 - ION2 -o HDMI - no sound in certain videos
Hi all!

Done my searching and tried a couple of tweaks for few hours, but can´t figure this out myself...

I have this Zotac ZBOX HD11 -machine and Dharma2 beta Live installed onto it. Sound works otherwise fine (music and DTS/DD/PCM -videos), but videos that have normal stereo-sound won´t give any sound, nor error (in my own library or for example youtube).

I´ve understood that ALSA is the "soundsystem" and something could be done with .asoundrc -file, but nothing seems to work. So I´d appreciate specific help for what to put on .asoundrc and then how to set XBMC´s audio settings (audio output and passthrough -device).

There´s also no navigation sounds, are these problems related...?
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
try changing the setting within xbmc. It sounds like you have something enabled that your amp doesn't decode
Press THANK USER if I Help
Did some extensive research, and situation is not as bad as I thought.

The problem occurs only with some lower quality youtube videos and one item in my video-library. This video has mp3, 24000hz, 2channels, s16, 56kb/s audio. Compared to my other videos the sample rate in this one is quite low, and also when looking at youtube, the videos with sample rate under 44100hz and stereo don´t give any sound but higher will. Mono 44100hz doesn´t work also.

Is it just so that my receiver doesn´t understand this low sample rate and the sound won´t play?

My audio output settings at XBMC:
Audio output: HDMI
Speaker conf 5.1
Boost vol level on downmix X
AC3 capable receiver X
DTS capable receiver X
Audio output device: HDA NVidia hdmi
Passthrough output device: HDA NVidia hdmi

Receiver Sony STR-DA3200ES with HDMI 1.1 taking multichannel LPCM just fine.
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
I have this same issue with some 24000hz audio ove HDMI too. Did you resolve your issue?
HTPC SPECS:Samsung Series 850 58" PDP
[email protected] (full Screen)
XBMCLive : 10.00
HDD: 500GB WD Blue MOBO:P5n7a-VM
GPU: Geforce 9300/nforce 730i/PCI/SSE2
MEMORY: 2 GIG 1066MHZ DDR3 (single)
CPU: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz
newb2linux Wrote:I have this same issue with some 24000hz audio ove HDMI too.

OK, so I've played around with ALSA a lot over the past couple of weeks but I'm no means an expert - ymmv!

From looking at the various config files this spec won't play over PCM by default. You can make it play by creating a custom .asoundrc or /etc/asound.conf file and adding a processor to upsample the recording to, say, 48K - not trivial but not impossible. I suggest looking at the documentation at http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/.asoundrc#Plugins as that has details about how to define a plugin to do what you want. Good luck!
It would be helpful to share what you did rather than telling everyone that you got it working and to go figure it out for themselves.
gsgleason Wrote:It would be helpful to share what you did rather than telling everyone that you got it working and to go figure it out for themselves.

Actually I didn't do anything. I was reading the ALSA documentation to find out how to configure it and realised that I didn't need to use the config files as I wasn't doing anything unusual - the defaults would do what I needed for my setup. As such I have no files, configs, changes to share. What I learnt was that this is possible by creating such mappings etc. in these files for purposes such as this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Dharma2 - ION2 -o HDMI - no sound in certain videos0