Banner view missing in 3.1 for TV Shows?
I just upgraded to Dharma/3.1 and I cannot get the banners to show under tv shows. The only options I show squish my previous banners into a red "TV" dvd box. Was the banner option removed for some reason?

Thanks
tstack77 Wrote:I just upgraded to Dharma/3.1 and I cannot get the banners to show under tv shows. The only options I show squish my previous banners into a red "TV" dvd box. Was the banner option removed for some reason?

Thanks

banners are used by default, so you've probably enabled
Skin Settings > TV Shows - Use posters
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Yup, that was it. I spent 20 minutes trying every combination but that one, I'm an idiot Smile

Thanks!
Ronie:

I'm trying out a bunch of different skins, and so far, I like your layout the best. I'm putting this question here, because it goes along with the original question.

With "Use Posters" unchecked, for each TV Series, on the "All Seasons" selection, it shows a poster and the banner perfectly. If I scroll down to any of the seasons, the banner is still good, but it is also squishing the banner into the area where the poster would go. Is there a setting to get poster and banner for each season?

Thanks

Dave
dcushing Wrote:Ronie:

I'm trying out a bunch of different skins, and so far, I like your layout the best. I'm putting this question here, because it goes along with the original question.

With "Use Posters" unchecked, for each TV Series, on the "All Seasons" selection, it shows a poster and the banner perfectly. If I scroll down to any of the seasons, the banner is still good, but it is also squishing the banner into the area where the poster would go. Is there a setting to get poster and banner for each season?

Thanks

Dave

it sounds like you're simply missing some season posters.
if xbmc can't find a season poster, it'll use the tv show banner instead.

could you double-check?
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
No, I checked, and it is every show and every season. Is there a way to not show the poster? That would be preferable to the squished banner.

Thanks.
nope there's no option to hide it.

do the Season posters show correct in another skins, for instance Confluence?
Seems like they aren't showing correctly for any skin. I will play around a little bit and see if I can figure it out.
@rONniE,

I was going to start a new thread with this question, but this one is so close, it probably fits fine here:

How do I get T! to display the posters in the main TV view when I have *enabled* the Skin Settings...General...TV Shows...Use Posters? I get the coverflow view, but it only shows squished wide banners, never any of the posters, and I am sure that all of my shows do have both banners and posters (posters show up just fine with the "All Seasons" view and for each individual season when I actually get into a show, just not in the main navigator).

(using 3.10.1 with a recent SVN of xbmc)

Thanks
The REAL Joe
therealjoeblow Wrote:@rONniE,

I was going to start a new thread with this question, but this one is so close, it probably fits fine here:

How do I get T! to display the posters in the main TV view when I have *enabled* the Skin Settings...General...TV Shows...Use Posters? I get the coverflow view, but it only shows squished wide banners, never any of the posters, and I am sure that all of my shows do have both banners and posters (posters show up just fine with the "All Seasons" view and for each individual season when I actually get into a show, just not in the main navigator).

(using 3.10.1 with a recent SVN of xbmc)

Thanks
The REAL Joe

for tv shows, you either have wide banners or posters,
it's not possible in xbmc to have them both.

at tv show level, you can use the skin setting to select if you have banners or posters.
at season level, posters will always be used.
ronie Wrote:for tv shows, you either have wide banners or posters,
it's not possible in xbmc to have them both.

at tv show level, you can use the skin setting to select if you have banners or posters.
at season level, posters will always be used.

Sorry for not understanding - I do know that I can *only* have posters for seasons. But at the main TV Show level, I want to be able to switch between displaying either the wide banner (which I have for every show), OR the overall show poster that I also have for every show.

IE, for HEROES, I have a wide banner that shows in the default OSD when I go from the home screen to TV Shows; and when I enter into Heroes, then I see a generic poster with the characters and logo on it when I hilight "All Seasons", and a seperate poster for each season with the season number on it.

When I toggle Skin Settings...General...TV Shows...Use Posters to ON in the settings, it doesn't display the generic poster that I thought it would/should on the main TV Shows screen, it still squishes the banner into the space that's now scaled for a poster.

Are you saying that I *can't* display the poster that shows once I enter into the particular show on the main TV display even if I toggle the skin setting?

I was hoping to switch from one view to the other from time to time for a bit of variety.

Thanks
The REAL Joe
therealjoeblow Wrote:I do know that I can *only* have posters for seasons. But at the main TV Show level, I want to be able to switch between displaying either the wide banner (which I have for every show), OR the overall show poster that I also have for every show.

not possible. i guess with the "overall poster" you mean the "all seasons" poster...which can only be displayed at season level and not at show level.

therealjoeblow Wrote:IE, for HEROES, I have a wide banner that shows in the default OSD when I go from the home screen to TV Shows; and when I enter into Heroes, then I see a generic poster with the characters and logo on it when I hilight "All Seasons", and a seperate poster for each season with the season number on it.

When I toggle Skin Settings...General...TV Shows...Use Posters to ON in the settings, it doesn't display the generic poster that I thought it would/should on the main TV Shows screen, it still squishes the banner into the space that's now scaled for a poster.

some people don't download wide banners for tv shows, but posters instead.
that's what this setting is for.
ronie Wrote:not possible. i guess with the "overall poster" you mean the "all seasons" poster...which can only be displayed at season level and not at show level.

some people don't download wide banners for tv shows, but posters instead.
that's what this setting is for.

Thanks, sounds like a XBMC limitation.

The "all seasons" poster is just another one of thousands of .jpg image that are referenced in the database, and since it's somehow able to be displayed at least in one part of the UI, I thought it was just a matter of the skin extracting the correct filename and showing it whenever/wherever you want.

I guess you're saying that's not the case - is the skin getting the filename of the banner and/or poster from XBMC itself and just displaying what XBMC feeds it, and not able to pick and choose what the skin itself wants to display?

Thanks again
The REAL Joe
therealjoeblow Wrote:I guess you're saying that's not the case - is the skin getting the filename of the banner and/or poster from XBMC itself and just displaying what XBMC feeds it, and not able to pick and choose what the skin itself wants to display?

that's correct. xbmc fills in all the icons.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Banner view missing in 3.1 for TV Shows?0