Dharma, Logitech Di-Novo keyboard and WOL
Where is the proper spot to post issues/discovered fixes/workarounds for Dharma Beta 2. I am using the LiveFreak distro, but what I have noted should apply to all Dharma releases based on Ubuntu 10.4.

The first very nasty one is a problem with the Logitech Di-Novo Edge keyboard. This same issue also affacts Dharma 10.4 official release without XBMC.

The Dharma 10.4 release and Dharma XBMCLive both have no "support" for that keyboard. The keyboard uses a Bluetooth dongle which plugs into a USB port. The installer (both distros) do not recognize the keyboard and a patch is required to fix it, but you can't make the patch because the app isn't loaded yet and the keyboard does not work. I got around it for Dharma XBMCLive by running it as a live (not installed to the hdd) instance and then selecting to install it using the desktop icon . It seems running the live instance does not have this issue, the keyboard works. It is only the installer that has the problem. Once it is loaded the problem goes away. The problem is in /lib/udev/rules.d/70-hid2hci.rules

Change in the section name : '# Logitech devices' the phrase
KERNEL=="hiddev*", to
KERNEL=="hidraw*",
Note: the only thing changes is the Kernel clause from "hiddev*" to "hidraw*"

I could not get wake on LAN to operate for Dharma XBMCLive. After much teeth gnashing I discovered I could not do a 'sudo ethtool eth0' from a terminal session. It stated that ethtool could not be found. I then looked in /user/sbin which is where it is on the Camelot release and it was not there. I copied it over from the Camelot to the Dharma partition. This allowed the change to /etc.rc.local (addition of the line ethtool -s eth0 wol g) to take effect. Wake on LAN now works in my Dharma system as it does in my Camelot system.

For background:

My system is an Asrock ION 330HT. The hdd has 4 primary partitions. Partition sda1 is for a standalone version of the GRUB legacy loader. Partition sda2 is for Ubuntu (currently 9.04 because of keyboard issue) which is modded to allow root login so I can easily change things in partitions sda3 and sda4. Partition sda3 is Dharma XBMCLive Beta-2. Partition sda4 is Camelot XBMCLive.

Hope this helps someone

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dharma, Logitech Di-Novo keyboard and WOL0