Odd audio problem (Dharma 2 & Xonar sound card)
I'm using Dharma, Beta 2 release 33778 on two computers and there is one very irritating audio problem left. On my main system with a Creative Audigy Platinum sound card, all is fine, no problems.

On my HTPC with a Xonar DX soundcard:

When I stop a music stream (press the stop button or quit XBMC while music is playing), XBMC emits a blat of noise. It sounds like the last sample is being rapidly repeated for about 1/4 of a second up to 2 full seconds. It sounds a lot like a 20 Hz square wave being played for up to 2 full seconds. It's played at the same level as the music.

This blat lasts longest on internet streams and MP3s, it's quite a bit shorter when stopping wave files. Sometimes it's short on internet streams & waves and unnoticable/gone on waves. It's usually long after playing an internet stream for a long time.

This blat lasts longest if I set the System/System/Audio/Audio output device to: DirectSound ASUS Xonar

It's about half as long when I set the System/System/Audio/Audio output device to: DirectSound Primary

The debug log is posted here: http://pastebin.com/U9bSS3Q8

I’m asking anyone who might know what this is, especially Xonar DX users, to let me know if you have experienced the problem and found a solution.

I would usually move on, either go to another sound card or try a different media player, but both the Xonar DX and Dharma are winners, the Xonar DX sound card is one of the cleanest sound cards I’ve measured/owned, at about $80 US, it’s really a bargain, and XBMC is still the best home theater software I’ve been able to find and Dharma is a nice improvement on top of that.

I’m running this basic configuration:
MOTHERBOARD: Asus P5G43T-M Pro
RAM: 2 G DDR3
VIDEO: EVGA 512-P3-1213-LR GeForce 210 512MB 64-bit DDR2 PCI
SOUND: ASUS Xonar DX

Drivers & BIOS (these drivers are still the most recent as of 10/2010)
MOTHERBOARD: BIOS – P5G43T-M-PRO-0501.ROM
Chipset – Intel, v9.1.1.1013
VIDEO: Nvidia - 6.14.11.9107 (referred to as v191.07)
SOUND: ASUS – 5.12.8.1780

Bump

No ideas? Anybody?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Odd audio problem (Dharma 2 & Xonar sound card)0