Import of Video Library not honoring thumbs
I created a small app that generates a videodb xml to import based on a netflix watch now queue. Then I was going to have XBMC kick off an external player to view. In addition to the metadata I have box-art files locally downloaded.

I exported a video db and followed its format. XBMC correctly imports the video information but the thumbs will not show. I tried several formats of URI's as well as placing the thumb in the same directory as <filename>.jpg, but to no avail. Here is a sample from the videodb

Quote:<movie>
<title>009-1</title>
<originaltitle>009-1</originaltitle>
<sorttitle>009-1</sorttitle>
<set></set>
<year>0</year>
<plot>In an alternate reality where the Cold War never ended, sexy cyborg spy Mylene Hoffman undertakes daring secret missions on behalf of the Double Zero organization. This exciting anime adventure is based on the manga series by Shotaro Ishinomori. Mylene and three other cyborg agents navigate a labyrinthine world of intrigue full of explosions, betrayals and secret affairs of every sort.</plot>
<outline>In an alternate reality where the Cold War never ended, sexy cyborg spy Mylene Hoffman undertakes daring secret missions on behalf of the Double Zero organization. This exciting anime adventure is based on the manga series by Shotaro Ishinomori.</outline>
<tagline></tagline>
<runtime></runtime>
<thumb preview="c:\Users\Public\Media\Netflix\BoxArt\VoMjQ.jpg">c:\Users\Public\Media\Netflix\BoxArt\VoMjQ.jpg</thumb>
<id>VoMjQ</id>
<path>c:\Users\Public\Media\Netflix\BoxArt\</path>
<filenameandpath>c:\Users\Public\Media\Netflix\BoxArt\VoMjQ.avi</filenameandpath>
<genre></genre>
</movie>

Any suggestions or help or even closure with a "not intended to work that way" would be great so I can cease denting my wall with my head :0) It is puzzling because I would think at least the brute force method of co-locating the "videoFile" with "videoFile".jpg (or tbn, tried that too) would force the thumb to show regardless of the videodb file thumb info but it doesn't

Thanks,

CV

--- machine / log info ---

xbmc-r33778-Dharma_beta2
Windows 7
Intel 32 bit / 2 Gig
http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=D5deJ5sW

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Import of Video Library not honoring thumbs0