Need help with extras.py showmix script
I am working on Aeon Showmix getting it up to date (dharma) the major problem i am having is that i cant get any of the extras scripts to work and have no idea what needs to be changed to make them work the old way before Dharma was it was coded into the home.xml to look in skin/extras/extras.py and run script from there.

no matter what i try i cant load the script can we store scripts in skins and point to them or do we have to submit to repo any help would be much appreciated because its doing my head in or maybe its very simple and ive just been staring at the xml for too meny hoursEek
ZombieRobot Wrote:I am working on Aeon Showmix getting it up to date (dharma) the major problem i am having is that i cant get any of the extras scripts to work and have no idea what needs to be changed to make them work the old way before Dharma was it was coded into the home.xml to look in skin/extras/extras.py and run script from there.

no matter what i try i cant load the script can we store scripts in skins and point to them or do we have to submit to repo any help would be much appreciated because its doing my head in or maybe its very simple and ive just been staring at the xml for too meny hoursEek

you could look at my impementation, there hasn´t changed alot since pre-dharma (search customisationMainMenu.xml for
Code:
<onfocus>RunScript(script.favourites,playlists=play)</onfocus>
also take a look at my addon.xml to add the script to your requirements (if you didn´t add it already)
if that´s not enough write me a pm.
script shouldn´t be included in the skin itself anymore.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
I just downloaded the skin but no extras folder, if you upload that maybe I can have a whack at it. Oh, also point me to where in the .xml's the code is as I don't want to dig thru all the code. I was lucky enough to convert the favorites script and fox news plugin.

Some are easy to update just look at a comparable addon and sort of copy/change the import code...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
mcborzu Wrote:I just downloaded the skin but no extras folder, if you upload that maybe I can have a whack at it. Oh, also point me to where in the .xml's the code is as I don't want to dig thru all the code. I was lucky enough to convert the favorites script and fox news plugin.

Some are easy to update just look at a comparable addon and sort of copy/change the import code...

Yeah thanks phil will take a look
Thanks Mcborzu the xml is if i can remember is around line 66 in home.xml

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3274na7d4a...extras.zip

i need it to load at startup

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help with extras.py showmix script0