CUstom menu by genre
Hi all,

I've been searching for a few days for either a mod/hack to do this. I haven't found anything yet, and am about to start looking into scripting to see if I can do it myself.

I wanted to post something here first just in case someone can point me in the right direction.

There are 2 things I would like to do. The first, and probably the simpler is to create a custom menu item which displays the movie collection, in library mode, filtered by a specific genre. I know this is possible by going to the movies submenu but I was hoping to have a menu item on the main menu.

E.G on the main menu under movies I'd have "Comedy", which displays, in library mode, every movie tagged with comedy as a genre.

The second, and probably more difficult idea is to filter movies/tv shows by more than one criteria. EG all comedies starring George Clooney. Or all movies starring both Steve Buscemi and John Goodman.

I'm not too worried about the second one, but the first one would be really cool.

So, if this already exists, could someone point me in the right direction? And if not, could someone point a novice scripter in the right direction (e.g what file should I be editing).

Thanks in advance for any help,

SlicKRed
Playlists should be able to do both requests...

This one has two rules - HD movies starring Leo Dicapro:

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Thank you so much man. Awesome skin and that's exactly what I needed.

Cheers!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CUstom menu by genre0