Can't open the database xbmc_video
Hello,

I have just recently not been able to get to either my Movie or TV databases. I can not select them in the skin settings as they are greyed out. I get the following error in my log file:
Can't open the database xbmc_video as it is a NEWER version than what we were expecting!

I am using the mysql database on windows 7, 32 bit. This is my server pc. The other pc that I have on the network is operating correctly.

Here is a copy of my XBMC.log file.

http://pastebin.com/5ADjXSwp

Thanks,
Mark
The database format has changed several times during development of Dharma. Your two installations must be different builds, one predating and the other postdating a database format change. If you upgrade them both to Dharma beta 2 the database should work on both PCs.

JR
Hey,

I'm getting the same error on my PC and laptop after adding the advancedsettings.xml to my ATV. The ATV has updated and I can see the watched states etc in library but both libraries are empty on the PC and laptop.

I don't know where to find the XBMC version but both my PC and Laptop came from the 10.1 exe on the site. I saw in a My PC and laptop both are Git:e9e9099, compiler 1500

My ATV2 is Git:20110623-62171b3, Built on Jun 23 2011 20:40:23

Any ideas what should I do? Is it possible to upgrade my versions to match? If so what git commit am I after and which should I upgrade?

Thanks
Denis

EDIT: Turns out I was wrong about the laptop. I've done a library update on it and restarted yet it all still works and watched states etc are persistent. Not sure whats happened my PC install to come up with this error now!?
The recent builds of XBMC do not mess up the v10.1 library. When they are first run they make a copy of the v10.1 library then upgrade the copy. This means the two versions can live together, however they don't use the same library.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't open the database xbmc_video0