Photos in 4:3 aspect ratio shown incorrectly
Hi,

I've just booted up XBMC on my Apple TV. It is connected to a 40" Toshiba widescreen LCD via HDMI at 1280x1050 pixels.
I copied some of my photos to the ATV and added the folders to the Photo plugin. If I start a slideshow, the photos fill the complete height of the screen and seem to be much too wide (everyone's really fat! :-)).
Somehow it is messing up the aspect ratio. The photos I tested have a resolution of 1936x2592 pixels. They are shown perfectly in Apple's photo app which unfortunately does not support folder structures...
Searching the forums for "aspect" gave me some hints but it seems like this has not been resolved. Anybody?

René
1280x1050 is not a widescreen resolution, you should adjust the aspect ratio in XBMC's video calibration, or set the resolution to the native resolution of the tv.
Hm, that's at least the resolution it is showing to me. I'll run the calibration. The resolution should "full HD" 1920x1080 of course.

I'll let you know about the results of the calibration.

René
And it worked! Thanks!
Still, resolution shows 1280x1050.
Any chance I can change to the correct full HD resolution? The menu won't allow me to do so.
what does frontrow say about your 40" Toshiba widescreen LCD display size ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Photos in 4:3 aspect ratio shown incorrectly0