which directory for the skin folder?
I currently have an addons/skin.night folder in the roaming as well as the program files directory. which is the proper directory? i keep updating through git pulls, and dont see the changes in media flags - i deleted the textures.db file, and promptly lost all the extrathumbs.....

which skin.night folder do i remove?

(windows 7, standard xbmc install - ie not portable)
The one in program files came with your install.. so just drop that one.. only one that should be there is confluence.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

so no longer follow these directions? http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=560729&postcount=2
Those are fine if you do not download Night through Add-on manager. You can just change the git path to the addon folder in appdata...
-stoli-
ok, when i get home i will remove the skin.night folder from the install directory, and git pull the one in the roaming/addons directory. hopefully that lets me see all the latest updates.

thanks very much
Personally I put all my user installed stuff in the C/Tonguerograms Files and then all my Addon Repo stuff gets installed in the userdata

No real benefit, it just I happened to pin to taskbar the C/Tonguerograms Files first and now it helps me, in some ways, to know where I got what...

But yea the skin, if you have 2 copies, in the userdata folder takes precedence. Just delete the Night in userdata folder and you're good...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
so.....keep and update the program files one and delete the roaming? i dont care which one, i just want it to work properly....
distracto Wrote:so.....keep and update the program files one and delete the roaming? i dont care which one, i just want it to work properly....

yea thats what I do...

excellent, thanks.

i love the skin, by the way. i keep trying others but always end up right back to yours.

are you up do date with beta 3? is next aired in the latest git? monochrome/colored media flags? ..... i'm pretty excited to see these working on my installation.
Honestly I don't think there is anything skin-wise for us to be concerned about as they are just bug fixing really. So yes I assume Beta 3 is good.

Installing via Repo automatically installs the scripts, manually you will also need Next Aired Script. I included a fix in git today so make sure you have "pulled" from git recently...

awesome! did what you said and now i have the next aired and colored flags. perfection.

thanks so much for the help and the skin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
which directory for the skin folder?0