Dharma beta 3 and 04-configNVIDIAasoundrc.sh
I believe you'd need to use pcm.!default to get all UI Sounds to output to a device since XBMC Settings only affects sounds generated by MP3's, Video's etc.
I still have yet to get working audio from using this script.

I am able to successfully create the script, from there I must configure my xbmc's audio settings.

what do my settings need to beHuhHuh

-=Jason=-
don't normally do this, but

*bump*

does anyone has this working?

I can create my .asoundrc file just fine as you can see in my previous post, but I have no idea what I need to change my audio settings to in xbmc gui settings.

-=Jason=-
AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnD

TO the TOP...

-=Jason=-
*bump*

Script is creating a BOGUS .asoundrc file when tyring to play anything audio related it makes xbmc restart.

here is the Bogus file http://flomaster.pastebin.com/d7Xbwi26

and here is my crash log
http://flomaster.pastebin.com/GVRVg5kg

if I overwrite my .asroundrc with a known working version I have been using for some time now it works, until the next S3 sleep or restart

-=Jason=-
using dharma 4 and this script still doesn't produce any output for me Sad
are there any dependencys for this script to work?
took me some time to understand the script, i customized it and its working now! Smile i finally have a working .asoundrc !

dunno why it wasn't working even though im using xbmc-live on a minimalistic ubuntu installation (im not using xbmcfreak's live-cd)
maybe you could share your findings...
basically what i did was to remove the "token invocation" process from the script. as i never had gotten an .asoundrc created in the first place, so it had something to do with commands in my /proc/cmdline.

still i was not able to figure out what the script did not like about mine:
Code:
xbmc@xbmc:~$ cat /proc/cmdline
BOOT_IMAGE=/vmlinuz-2.6.32-25-generic root=UUID=018e97df-f7e6-4bb9-af17-a7af4aa7deda ro acpi_enforce_resources=lax quiet splash usbcore.autosuspend=1 xbmc=autostart,nodiskmount,setvolume loglevel=0 video=uvesafb:mode_option=1280x720-32@60,mtrr=3,scroll=ywrap

so i rather modified the script instead of my kernel-commands, which gave me finally a an ~/.asoundrc output! Smile

i also disabled the " Read configuration variable file if it is present" part, though im not sure if that was the key, didn't test it with that part last night.
but as i do not have an "/etc/default/xbmc-live" file/folder, it shouldn't hurt?
I had the same issue my sound wasn't working on certain movies. I have a Zotac Ion ITX A and the latest version of XBMC. I logged in as root, modified the "04-configNVIDIAasoundrc.sh" script in the /etc/xbmc/live.d folder. I commented out the lines below. just add # in front of the lines like this.

#activationToken="noalsaconfig"

# if strings are NOT the same the token is part of the parameters list
# here we want to stop script if the token is there
#if [ "$xbmcParams" != "${xbmcParams%$activationToken*}" ] ; then
# exit 0
#f

Save and run the script as root and sound is fixed!

THank you everyone!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dharma beta 3 and 04-configNVIDIAasoundrc.sh0