Need some assistance deciding on which HTPC
Hey All,
So a bit of quick backstory. Previously I had a 2.4 C2D Mac Mini, running OSX 10.5. I also had a Crystal HD installed in it. For the most part it performed nicely. A few glitches here and there, but overall it was a good experience. What i especially liked about it was that i could connect to it using screen sharing from my laptop, so no need to have a keyboard and mouse attached at all. Sadly this box got fried and so it is no more.

So now I'm faced with the decision,

1. Do I buy a cheap Core Solo Mac Mini and transfer the CPU, RAM and crystalHD over to it, and resume where I left off?

2. Do I buy a new htpc and forget about the mac mini?

I'd really appreciate any and all help in deciding what options for SMALL, Quiet, clean htpcs exist. I've been reading quite a bit about the Zbox and a few other options, but I'm a bit hesitant due to what I'm seeing about lag in switching menus etc. I really don't want to be messing around with Linux (yep I'm a tad bit lazy/spoiled by the OS X world), so i figure windows 7 is my bets bet for an OS.

So with all that said, any and all recommendations for a new HTPC are welcome, and then I'll run with it and do the followup research!

Thanks guys!
I like the Mini plus the Crystal card considering that made you happy. Personally I switched over to Linux so I can enjoy 24p content this year, but if your TV doesn't support that I will admit that the OSX Plex Harmony mode is awesome and easy.

Only thing I will say is get the 1.66 Dual core mini, not the 1.5ghz core solo mini. The core solo really sucks with OSX...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need some assistance deciding on which HTPC0