Some Problems!
Hi all!

Im quite a noob at this soret of thing Sad So i hope you dont hate me for asking these questions wich were probably asked a thousand times before!

Lets get started.

1. I Love the Aeon mod (who doesnt Laugh) but i would like to have moviegenreicons and fanart. i tried the Showmix Mod but it doesnt have the horizontal homescreen Sad So how do i get the genreicons in my normal aeon? the better question is probably wich file i need to change?

2. I really wanna tell you wich version of aeon is use but i dont know because i found a zip file somewere on the net. i tried the git thing but i cant use the tutorial in the forum to make it work with Dharma Sad so is there a hidden trick to make it work with Dharma or do i have to wait until it will be relased in the Final?

3. My Aeon cant be so old because i can use homescreen customization. I really like the feature! But i like...whow do i put this...lets see. i want to have my cartoons on the homescreen. so i put my cartoon source on favorites and then on my homescreen. now the tricky part. is there a way to make the cartoon section to work like the libary? that it not works like the normal dataview. i hope anyone understands my problem Eek

Thats it for now Smile Sorry for my bad English.

Greetz Escad
Escad Wrote:Hi all!

Im quite a noob at this soret of thing Sad So i hope you dont hate me for asking these questions wich were probably asked a thousand times before!

Lets get started.

1. I Love the Aeon mod (who doesnt Laugh) but i would like to have moviegenreicons and fanart. i tried the Showmix Mod but it doesnt have the horizontal homescreen Sad So how do i get the genreicons in my normal aeon? the better question is probably wich file i need to change?

2. I really wanna tell you wich version of aeon is use but i dont know because i found a zip file somewere on the net. i tried the git thing but i cant use the tutorial in the forum to make it work with Dharma Sad so is there a hidden trick to make it work with Dharma or do i have to wait until it will be relased in the Final?

3. My Aeon cant be so old because i can use homescreen customization. I really like the feature! But i like...whow do i put this...lets see. i want to have my cartoons on the homescreen. so i put my cartoon source on favorites and then on my homescreen. now the tricky part. is there a way to make the cartoon section to work like the libary? that it not works like the normal dataview. i hope anyone understands my problem Eek

Thats it for now Smile Sorry for my bad English.

Greetz Escad

1) showmix also has the horizontal home bar. genre icons should work with almost all aeon mods.
2) try this manual, should work
3) you can use smart playlists for that
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Alright! I figured out most of it.
The only Problem now is that i cant add Smartplaylists to the Homescreen Menu because there is no setup for that. i found it in other skins but not in my aeon65 (now the up to date stable version). does it work when ich change to aurugia or is there anoter way?

thanks for your help!

greetz Escad
create a smart playlist where rule is genre animation, add that playlist to Favorites, add that item from favorites to Main Menu
thanks that works Smile

but i have a last question! when i put my animes in a smart playlist and in an custom homescreen point. is there a way to not make it visible in the "normal" libary. or lets put i that i want my animes in a separate homescreen point but not in the usual libary. is that possible? or do i need more than the normal libarys to make that work?
yes, create a smart playlist for movies EXCEPT genre: Animation, then add to favorites, remove MOVIES from main menu, then add your smart playlist from favorites (all movies except animation). basically all your movies from library will be divided in two: ANIMATION / MOVIES (without animation)
Ah i see Smile Sounds like a plan! i will give it a try.

but when im already here asking stupid questions...

when i make rules for my Library i can choose by Source or Folder or something. and because i do have my cartoons in another folder than my tv shows and animes etc. i coul easily handle it like that i think. now the problem is that i cant choose from alle folders. xbmc just shows me 2 music folders and nothing else. how do i get to chosse from all my harddrives and folders? can i just type the "way" (i dont know how this is called in english but when i type c://program files/...) of my folders or do i have to make some special setup for that?

you guys are really helpfull Smile thanks for all and for coming answers

greetz Escad
Smart playlist has nothing to do with folders or paths, it just follow some rules that you chose for your files FROM YOUR LIBRARY (music/music videos/movies/tv show episodes). It just ask the database about your animation movies, and the database answers Wink
How could i forget the Word Path? O.o Not that it matters but i know now that the Rule Path only works with music folders. since music is not in a libary it all makes sense now Smile

now i have to build some small playlists Smile

thanks for your help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some Problems!0