[LINUX] Known working IR receivers available in the UK?
Hi all,
I've been using a MCE remote receiver running under minimal install of Ubuntu on a Revo 3600.

For some reason it stopped/died the other day. Hmmm Dharma beta 2-ish time actually... I'm pretty sure it's the receiver though no, LED when IR is sent to it which would be hardware not driver related.

I got this receiver from Maplin (Windows Vista version code: A49HA) which is no longer available the new IR MCE receiver they sell is a Windows 7 version and doesn't works it has the same code though. code: A49HA heres a link to it. http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=218643).

Are there any other IR remotes out there readily available in the UK, that are KNOWN to work?

I bought loads of remotes to test before I found one that worked and would rather not do that again.

It has to IR to work with my universal Pronto remote.

Love to hear your comments.

Cheers,

Flip out...
I use the remote you linked to without any issues....
Really? And it is a says Windows 7 on the box?

The two remotes look identical the only difference is the colouring on the box and ones says Windows 7 (Red box) compatible and the other is Vista (Blue Box).
The tell-tale difference is the receiver ID code (printed on the back of the box which states a different model).

I'll see if I still have the box for the code... JUST FOUND IT IR603 receiver is ticked.

Maybe they've changed models again?

Cheers,

Flip.
My IR receiver has IR603 on it too.
Yeah the IR603 model works, the newer version (Win7) is a different model which didn't when I bought it.

At the time, I contacted all (I mean all!) the Maplin branches to find the IR603 models as I needed 5 remotes. I managed to only get 4 before they switched to the newer model Sad

I'll to see what they have in store now...

I'll keep searching and let you know.

Flip
Hi there

I think this is the same one I had and I had to patch a bit to make it work under ubuntu before it would work with XBMC (due to an lirc kernal issue) check my thread here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=81963

The reason some people have it working is they changed the receiver usb plug in part way through (or at least there are two different models of it shipping with the same IR remote control)
Yeah I guess that's the same problem.
Well if that will make the IR receiver work that's great news as that's the only bit I need.
I'll buy one tomorrow. And take it back the next day with a faulty IR receiver, hehe Wink

Thanks for the help guys.

Flip.
No problems.

If not you can try the lirc patching options in the posts linked but I'm not sure how much youd need to add to your minimal installation to make it work.

Shocked

Cheers

Edz
I bought this remote yesterday (Windows 7 version). Plugged it in, and after a restart it seemed to work (The directional buttons responded, enter button responded, and seek buttons responded). However is there a keymap config or somesuch out there that I can use?

As some of you may know, not all the buttons work - the back button, the 'i' button, the chapter select button etc. I am running XBMC on top of Ubuntu - I noticed there was a lirc gui config program out there - is that worth a go, and if so, should I be selecting a generic Windows MCE Remote?
Just for completeness sake - got it working fine by downloading the lirc gui config through ubuntu software centre - selected the generic Windows MCE option and a custom receiver - all works as it should now!

Just FYI - this is the Windows 7 version of the remote - I didn't need to do any patching etc. It was recogbnised out of the box - just had to tell lirc what kind of remote it was....
from my understanding, with the new receiver you just would have needed to run

Quote:dpkg-reconfigure lirc

in terminal and choose windows MCE and custom receiver
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Known working IR receivers available in the UK?0