Muli-part movies not scanning to library correctly
I think you have to generate this file.

It's in userdata folder.
Siutsch Wrote:I think you have to generate this file.

It's in userdata folder.

So just anywhere in c:\users\user\appdata\roaming\xbmc?
Yes I think.

But I'm using XBMC only in portable mode, the paths are different here.

Just got some testing again yesterday, but without success.

Even movies that are scraped by XBMC have no stacking in database mode,
neither with aeon mq2 nor with confluence skin.
So there EMM can not be responsible for that it does not work I think.

In filemode everything is always OK.

Tried it with differend filenames, but for me it does not work.

For me it looks like a bug in XBMC, cannot understand why it works in
filemode, but not in DB-mode.
If I activate stacking in DB-mode and try to play a movie, after stopping and looking at the setting for stacking it's always off again.

In confluence skin there's no setting for stacking, is this right?

I'm confused... Confused

Siutsch.
Question 
I recently updated to Dharma10.1 (currently on the xbmc.org homepage). This problem has come back to me and it is a complete pain. I don't know if the other guy ever found a solution (he didn't post since december) -so maybe he has. But anyway, I still have this problem so I'm posting a log.

quick re-cap of the problem:
multi-part movies (when scanned) only show up as the first part (ie not the complete 1hr30mins movie). Here, I have scanned a 4-part Die Hard to the library:

I'm hoping someone can make sense of it, I can't even see any reference to movie-scanning looking at the log file Confused have I got the right file ? (xbmc.log)
log:
http://pastebin.com/wL2KriSZ
:confused2:

UPDATE
After a bit of testing, it seems that themoviedb scraper is causing this problem. When the movie is scanned using imdb scraper, no problem. (I'm using themoviedb scraper 1.4.0) downloaded via the add-ons manager. Is there a newer version somewhere?
I'm guessing noone else really has this problem then. Good overall, but it seems like a pretty significant problem if a scraper dosen't work properly.
Yes, but the scrapers have nothing to do with parts at all. They are scraping websites and that's it, nothing more.

Handling multipart movies is part of scanning (XBMC core) which is obviously the same for all the scrapers. The scraper gets the suspected movie title from XBMC core, then they return movie info and artwork if they find any.

All in all, if it works with any of the scrapers, should work with all.
After a while, and not much help, I accidentally worked out why the multi-part movies weren't scanning correctly. The issue seemed to reside in having a .TBN file with the same filename ie-

Back To The Future-part1.mkv
Back To The Future-part1.tbn
Back To The Future-part2.mkv

etc..

Whatever part of xbmc is handling this scraping, I would suggest that it's having a problem if it finds a TBN file (or maybe ANY other file) after the part1.mkv and before part2.

Deleting the TBN files allowed the entire film to be scanned, not just a part of it.

I guess I wouldn't say it's a bug, but I did try to give my log before to show the problem, which seemed to be a overloooked. So just take my word for it.
PantsOnFire Wrote:After a while, and not much help, I accidentally worked out why the multi-part movies weren't scanning correctly. The issue seemed to reside in having a .TBN file with the same filename ie-

etc..

Whatever part of xbmc is handling this scraping, I would suggest that it's having a problem if it finds a TBN file (or maybe ANY other file) after the part1.mkv and before part2.

Deleting the TBN files allowed the entire film to be scanned, not just a part of it.

I guess I wouldn't say it's a bug, but I did try to give my log before to show the problem, which seemed to be a overloooked. So just take my word for it.
or
Code:
E:\My Videos\Movies\Back to the Future\Movie.nfo
E:\My Videos\Movies\Back to the Future\folder.jpg
E:\My Videos\Movies\Back to the Future\fanart.jpg
works better. Because Movie.nfo is read before anything else
PantsOnFire Wrote:After a while, and not much help, I accidentally worked out why the multi-part movies weren't scanning correctly. The issue seemed to reside in having a .TBN file with the same filename ie-

etc..

I tried exactly the above and it still worked for me :confused2:

In any case multi part movies should only have one thumb, fanart and nfo

So you should use

Back To The Future.nfo
Back To The Future.tbn
Back To The Future-fanart.jpg

If you have ever exported your library the above is all that is created for multi part movies

You could also use

movie.nfo
movie.tbn
fanart.jpg

BTW your log was useless as it wasn't a debug log so showed nothing
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
I used to creat tbn files for each part because I used to use files mode a lot and didn't like it when xbmc created it's own thum (screenshot of video) from the file.

I don't use nfo files, never have.

My build is the official 10.1 from xbmc.org homepage, built March 8, 2011. So it's far from a new build.
I'm using 10.1 Smile

You can turn off generate thumbnails so that wont happen and it will only happen anyway if you enter the actual movie folder

If each movie is in its own folder and stacking is working properly then there's no need to ever enter the actual movie folder in file mode you can just press play on the cover
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Muli-part movies not scanning to library correctly0