MUSIC LIBRARY - Folder view - can this be done?
Hi,

I have my music collection in various languages... As an example I have a separate folder for each language as follows

ENGLISH
GERMAN
FRENCH

I want each folder to be in its own library in XBMC and would like to select the folder for say ALBUM view. As an example the UI will be something like this for selecting GERMAN music library

MUSIC -> GERMAN FOLDER -> VIEW LIBRARY BY ALBUM

Is this possible? Has anybody found a solution for the above?
Anybody??
not possible.
I have the same problem with movies. I'm thinking on maybe solving it using profiles, but you must choose in advance what language do you want to choose from, when you select the profile right at the start. That is feasible with movies but in music you may want to listen to a song in english and right after that, another one in french. If that is so, as Spiff cleverly (and much more succinctly than me) said, not possible.

I do not know if it is possible to program a key in the remote to switch profiles...
it is. LoadProfile(nameofprofile) is the action.
smart playlists
Profiles is what I have now but it is a pain that you have to pre-determine what you want to watch.

craigd, can you please elaborate on "smart playlist" - How do I go about using the smart playlist to achieve what I want?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Playlists

example....

<smartplaylist type="music">
<name>English Music</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="path" operator="contains">ENGLISH</rule>
<limit>0</limit>
<order direction="ascending">title</order>
</smartplaylist>

you can build them through the smartplaylist creator easily or paste in text editor and save as an xml file.

if you want direct access check your prefered skins forum for how to add custom buttons to home menu

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MUSIC LIBRARY - Folder view - can this be done?0