How does XBMC put names to posters and fanart downloaded by scrapers?
Hi all
I've posted this at the support forum but perhaps it doesn't have to be posted in that place. I'll do a briefing of the post: I want to know how XBMC puts names to posters and fanarts downloaded using the scrappers. What I want to do is rename all my tbn files, stored at Thumbnails folder, to the new hash because I've changed the shared paths and I don't want to download (and rescan) again all my library.

Can anyone help me? I only want to know where (at the whole source) is the code (or paste it here or at pastebin), and I'll try to do what I need.

Thanks in advanced and sorry if this post cannot be posted here.

NaBz
It's not MD5 it's CRC32 just check the wiki about hash Smile

For your problem the easier is to get back the data in the old name position, then do and export library to have the tbn copied together with the medias then move your data and rescan, so all data will be back without internet scraping Smile.
Thanks for your reply! I'm sorry. I never suspect that hashing were posted at the wiki. So sorry again.
I'll try what you say about export. I did an export (all to an XML) but no thumb were exported (next post about this will be posted at the support forum, not here Smile )

Thanks again.
Export as separate files and it will export the images too - im not sure if exporting as a single file exports images too (haven't used that in a while).
Thanks prae5,
I'll test it tonight (if I can) and I'll report news about it.
Perhaps can be interesting modifying export as single file can also export images.
Thanks

Edit : I get an error because in paths exist %20, %3f and similar chars and seems that XBMC cannot handle them. I've created a post at the support forum but perhaps it's a bug.
nabz Wrote:Thanks for your reply! I'm sorry. I never suspect that hashing were posted at the wiki. So sorry again.
I'll try what you say about export. I did an export (all to an XML) but no thumb were exported (next post about this will be posted at the support forum, not here Smile )

Thanks again.

I have a Python program, xbmc_move, that handles updating the database and thumbnails after a video file is moved. It requires Python 3, and runs from the command-line ("xbmc_move <old> <new>"). I could provide a .tar.gz of it if you want. I'd hoped at some point to check it into the XBMC image under the tools folder.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How does XBMC put names to posters and fanart downloaded by scrapers?0