Missing/No text in XBMC
Hi, I am posting this in the XBMC for Windows category as I am only experiencing this problem on Windows 7 and not on a specific skin, although I believe it might be a problem with my language files. I hope this is the correct place for this post.

I've upgraded to Windows 7, and since the upgrade, I've not been able to view any text in XBMC at all. I did a fresh install of Windows 7, and I have tried both the last stable build (Camelot 9.11), Dharma Beta 1, Beta 2 and Beta 3. I've also tried the previous stable build Atlantis 8.10. In neither of them I am able to view any text in the menus at all. Everything else is working fine.

I have two different laptops running Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit and they both have the same problem. This excludes most hardware problems, I believe.
(Before I updated to Windows 7 they ran Windows XP and Windows Vista, and neither of them had any problems with the XBMC builds I've tried in Windows 7.)

I've tried searching, but I've only found posts relating to XBMC for Xbox so far. I've tried to delete the Confluence/PM3.HD folder, and copy it from my xbox (and the web) hoping that would work, but, unfortunately, it didn't. I've also tried to replace the language files with the ones inside XBMC installed on a machine running Windows XP.

I would have posted the debug log, but as I can't see any menu items, I have no idea of where to activate debug mode.

I've also tried several other skins, PM3, Aeon, MediaStream and so forth, with no change. (I've managed to switch between them inside of XBMC. The skin loads, but still no text.) This leads me to believe the problem lies in the general language files, or the video format settings (Pal / NTSC), but I do not know enough about this to fix it myself.

I hope someone might have an idea of what I can do to fix this as I used to use XBMC a lot before this problem occurred, and I'm starting to miss it to be honest. Sad
A debug log could shed some light on this.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I would post one, but as I can't see any text, I don't know where to enable it inside XBMC.
Is there a way i can enable it with a command line or something along those lines?
Ok, I used advancedsettings.xml to enable debug mode level 1.
I'm guessing the errors on line 188 through 221 are the problem.

Before creating this log I uninstalled XBMC completely, and installed Dharma Beta 3.
I am running Windows 7 Home Professional 32-bit.

Debug log:
http://pastebin.com/rwwwahjB

Here's a picture of the problem in action as well:

Hope this helps.
MayaGeek Wrote:Ok, I used advancedsettings.xml to enable debug mode level 1.
I'm guessing the errors on line 188 through 221 are the problem.

Before creating this log I uninstalled XBMC completely, and installed Dharma Beta 3.
I am running Windows 7 Home Professional 32-bit.

Debug log:
http://pastebin.com/rwwwahjB

Here's a picture of the problem in action as well:

Hope this helps.

Sorry do not have the time to read the debug log right now but I will some other time.

I'm posting this becasue it happened to me in the past! I installed the latest XBMC version at the time on my PC and tried to copy all xbmc user data folders from my XBOX which was running an older version to XBMC compared to the windows one I just installed. Then I noticed My skin same as yours do not have fonts any more. so I deleted everything reinstalled XBMC and created my library from scratch and that was before the introduction of addons we were still using scripts so it was not a skin problem I think. I might be wrong though, but untill this very moment I am not sure why this had happend! maybe XBMC just hated my old user data files! who knows Shocked Rolleyes
No worries. Take your time.

Should I do a detailed debug and/or add this to the bug tracker?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing/No text in XBMC0