Possible Integration of Aeon mods in official Add-On Repository
After havin changed the fonts now in Aeon65 and a quick chat with DJH, the original Aeon author, about a release on the official addons repo, I talked with the xbmc team today about the same topic. To make it short, here is one demand we have to meet:

"Merge the forks. Yea, I know. This will be rough. I fear that once
one is added, the other forks will cry foul, and say "You added his,
why won't you add mine? Mine is better/more original/slimmer/etc.".
Keep in mind, addons in the repo are for regular users. They have
likely not been to the forum, and know nothing of Aeon's history. And
they have no idea why one Aeon version is betteer/different than
another. Besides, having a few developers work on the same skin is
much more productive than each maintaining their own fork."

Opinions?
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Its down to you and ekim232 as far as i see i will continue my work and even continue replacing fonts to open source and making it dharma ready as i think that it is good practice.

we have a Alaska and alaska revisited i think that we should have legacydark and aeon65 in the repo?? just my opinion i vote both

Legacy Dark is its own skin now.

were still allowed to continue our work in the forums??
Of course you can continue your work. I/We don't want to stop you from anything.

I was simply hoping that we could take this opportunity to have the Aeon-based skinners work together to have a single polished skin in the repo. If I was off base because the derivatives have grown too far apart, then I apologize. I certainly don't want to take anything away from you guys and your hard work.

If there's no hope that you can come together on something, then we'll just have to think of something else. The main thing I want to avoid is having several skins on the xbmc.org repo that look (on the surface) the same to most users. You can admit that it would be confusing.

My other hope was that a single collaborative skin would lead to a better guarantee of continued development. We really don't want to see skins that only make it for one release cycle.

So don't take that message as an insult, I was merely hoping for some collaboration. Forks are a nasty thing in open-source, you know Wink

TheUni
ok thats sweet i get what you are saying thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible Integration of Aeon mods in official Add-On Repository0