directing sound
Hello,
I'm brand new to xbmc. I'd like to listen to my music through my stereo receiver and listen to video soundtracks on my TV (HDMI). Is there a way to configure XBMC to do that (route sound according to the type)?
Thanks,
Zohar.
As far as I know there is no option to do this. Why would you even wanna do that?
Most people listen to music and video through their receiver because they connected better speakers to it.

But to realize the same outcome you can try using a audio output from your TV (if it has one) and connect it to your stereo receiver.....

Grtz,
Roelio
Media player: Xtreamer Ultra 2 XBMC v13 RC 1 Gotham, iPhone 4s & iPad mini Retina
LCD: Sony KDL-46HX920 - Receiver: Onkyo TX-R577 - Speakers: Mission e34 5.1 & MS10 - Remote: Harmony Smart Control
Router: Asus RT-N66U - NAS: Synology DS1512+ 15 TB - PC: Intel I7 @4.5 Ghz HD7950 3GB
zohar Wrote:Hello,
I'm brand new to xbmc. I'd like to listen to my music through my stereo receiver and listen to video soundtracks on my TV (HDMI). Is there a way to configure XBMC to do that (route sound according to the type)?
Thanks,
Zohar.

I don't think it's possible is the base XBMC. I didn't see anything in the Advancedsettings either but I may have missed it. What I just wound up doing was installing the MPD (Music Player Daemon) and configuring it to use alsa analog while XBMC uses HDMI. There is a MPD addon you can use to play your music. My purpose was to allow a tablet in the kitchen play music while XBMC can be used at the same time to watch videos. This assumes that you either have 2 amps or multizone receiver. It's not as full featured as the old Mainlobby client server setup but it works. I'm just missing the IR control of the receiver using my GC100 so my wife has to manually turn on the amp to listen to music in the kitchen.
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
directing sound0