conceptronic CLLRCMCE remote xbmc ubuntu all keys
Star 
Deleted - The whole kernel needs to be recreated. I have installed 2.6.36 kernel, it's already patched.

Search for 'linux kernel 2.6.36 installation guide for ubuntu' in google.
mjmos Wrote:Deleted - The whole kernel needs to be recreated. I have installed 2.6.36 kernel, it's already patched.

Search for 'linux kernel 2.6.36 installation guide for ubuntu' in google.

Changing kernel can have some unforeseen problems, like no support for fglrx in 2.6.36 kernels and above. (bless AMD and it's policy of not supporting kernels that are not distro-default) Changing to radeonhd comes with it's own fair share of problems. Most probably this will not affect nvidia drivers though.

I stepped back to xbmc Dharma RC2 and will wait for 2.6.36 support for fglrx driver.
I've installed the kernel and now the command "showkey -k" shows all the keycodes but what's next? how can you give them a function in xbmc?

for example the green MCE button?

just mapping the keycode in a keymap doens't work.
XBMC doesn't respond to the keycodes, it translates the keycodes to a UNICODE key value and that's what is used in the keyboard.xml. If you enable debug logging you can see what keypress XBMC is receiving. I think the keycode is what shows up in the log as the sym value.

JR
The problem is that when I press the button there is nothing recorded in the debug log.

How can I solve this? via xmodmap?

Thx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
conceptronic CLLRCMCE remote xbmc ubuntu all keys0