ATV - possible to output HDMI & Component/Toslink at same time? (+ other noob stuff)
Picked up an apple tv yesterday from craigslist, inserted a spare CrystalHD I had lying around and via pin87a's minimal image was up and running in less than an hour. Very impressive indeed. Smile In some ways seems smoother than my Revo 1600 ION/Live install that I have in another room. Smile

For testing I ran HDMI via my Pioneer 1150 AVR to the Plasma - works great as I mentioned before. Streaming from a WHS via 100Mb Ethernet. Catalog is 720P TV and Movies (TV Scene, Movies self)

Apologies for the noobie questions but......

1) I have a slingbox HD that has Component and RCA/Analog inputs. Is it possible to have the ATV output Video/Audio to both the HDMI and Component/Toslink at the same time? (Or HDMI + Component/Analog would be even better as it would skip the toslink/RCA convertor)?

2) I'm using the older '12' model of the CrystalHD. Are there any benefits to upgrading to the latest Dharma Beta3/Crystal HD drivers? From a search there seemed to be some concerns with compatibility with the older 12 models.

3) One of the reasons that I replaced my Tvix 6500 media player with the ATV was that it did not support the compression option that MKVMerge now uses as default (I appreciate I can remux this feature out in less than 10 mins). Any issues with this mode in xbmc? (search did not show up any but thought I would check)

I also configured the Harmony One to control the ATV. Getting used to just having 6 buttons is interesting but as there are about 5 pages of threads for 'Harmony' maybe I can improve that. Smile

Thanks again - very impressed with the ATV (damm it gets hot though!)

Tolax

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV - possible to output HDMI & Component/Toslink at same time? (+ other noob stuff)0