Revo vs. "other"
I know there are a bunch of threads on various comparisons but I just haven't found anything definitive on what I should do, so here are my questions...
1. I'm wanting a dedicated HTPC, dual boot XBMC Live and Windows 7, used primarily for XBMC, just boot into windows occasionally to Skype and light PCing. Should I go with a Revo (if so, which one?), Zbox, EEEbox, Asrock, etc.. Really just looking for a definitive model to go after.
2. Is it advantageous to run XBMC Live off a flash card, and if so, could you then remove flash card when wanting to boot off the hard drive/Win7?? Also, which models would support such a thing.

Anything else I should consider?
Sorry if another thread is bothersome and thanks for any help you can provide.
SSD. A decent flash card (because the cheap stuff is terrible) costs what a SSD costs and SSD controllers rock. Otherwise, yeah any ION1 or 2 system does what you want....

Thanks for the reply, what do you think the general consensus for an ION 1/2 machine would be. I've read plenty that says the Revo is the unofficial XBMC box, but which one? 1600, 3610, 3700?
I dont understand why we cant get a 16gb SSD for less than 50 bucks. The CF side of it looks cheap enough, and whats a SATA controller chip cost these days? $2?
ccruzen Wrote:Thanks for the reply, what do you think the general consensus for an ION 1/2 machine would be. I've read plenty that says the Revo is the unofficial XBMC box, but which one? 1600, 3610, 3700?

I am new around here so keep that in mind...lol
I don't know if i have seen a 3700?

but the 1600 and 3610 are for sure good to go.....and from what i have read around here you really aren't going to gain much of anything with a single core vs a dual core

I really wanted to build one and was going to order a poofyhairguy build but with other stuff I have going on i went with a 1600....right before I started ordering up the hardware I found the 1600 refurb in stock for $170 so I couldn't pass it up

depending on what you want to do it should suit you fine also....and prob has the most threads and support around here for now

http://shop.revonate.com/Refurbished_Ace...05.004.htm
WE ALL WE GOT

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Revo vs. "other"0