[WINDOWS] Executor Add-On exits to wrong screen
Hello !

i have a current Problem running Dharma 3 on Win7 x64 :

My setup consists of 2 Screens (my normal 22" monitor, which is set as main screen, and my 40" TV set as secondary screen).
XBMC runs on the second screen (duh Tongue) at 1080p.

Now, whenever i use Executor to launch my external Programs (mainly DVBViewer), i have the problem that the XBMC window stays on top, and thus DVBViewer is running in the background (even though it's set to be fullscreen and always on top).

No biggie i thought, let's just set Executor to minimize XBMC before launching, and that almost (!) works like a charm.
The issue now is when I exit the external launched program.
Suddenly, XBMC reappears, but instead of being on my second screen at 1080p, it's on my main screen at 1680x1050 ... obviously not a good deal, seeing as i can't see my main screen from the couch when watching TV xD

I've been trying alot of different setups (XBMC in fullscreen windowed mode rather than true fullscreen etc etc) and it makes no difference ... if the setting in Executor is not set to minimize, it works, but XBMC stays on top ... if it's set to minimize, exiting the external program and maximizing XBMC leads to the mentioned "bug" ...

Any ideas what it could be or how to solve it?
Fractal Design Node 304 | Intel i3-3225 | Gigabyte H77N-WiFi | 4GB RAM | Intel HD 4000
Samsung UE55F6500 | Denon AVR-X2000 | Infinity Reference MKII 5.1 + Quadrapole
Kodi 17.1 Kryptonite | Arctic : Zephyr
m404 Wrote:Hello !

i have a current Problem running Dharma 3 on Win7 x64 :

My setup consists of 2 Screens (my normal 22" monitor, which is set as main screen, and my 40" TV set as secondary screen).
XBMC runs on the second screen (duh Tongue) at 1080p.

Now, whenever i use Executor to launch my external Programs (mainly DVBViewer), i have the problem that the XBMC window stays on top, and thus DVBViewer is running in the background (even though it's set to be fullscreen and always on top).

No biggie i thought, let's just set Executor to minimize XBMC before launching, and that almost (!) works like a charm.
The issue now is when I exit the external launched program.
Suddenly, XBMC reappears, but instead of being on my second screen at 1080p, it's on my main screen at 1680x1050 ... obviously not a good deal, seeing as i can't see my main screen from the couch when watching TV xD

I've been trying alot of different setups (XBMC in fullscreen windowed mode rather than true fullscreen etc etc) and it makes no difference ... if the setting in Executor is not set to minimize, it works, but XBMC stays on top ... if it's set to minimize, exiting the external program and maximizing XBMC leads to the mentioned "bug" ...

Any ideas what it could be or how to solve it?

I start DVB Viewer with the Launcher Plugin and works fine on WIN7.

Maybe a try would be worth.
butchabay Wrote:I start DVB Viewer with the Launcher Plugin and works fine on WIN7.

Maybe a try would be worth.

thank you for your advice (and sorry for replying very late, but i am busy with other projects and thus entertainment isn't always a priority ^^)

unfortunately, this doesn't solve the issue, which leads me to believe that it is entirely not Executors nor Launchers fault, but actually an issue with XBMC itself.

The only thing puzzling me, is that this happens only with the two mentioned addons (i am not aware of other addons that would minimize XBMC so i can't tell if others do it too).
Minimizing XBMC manually (on the main screen, where XBMC isn't being showed, minimizing the window either by rightclicking it and choosing minimize, or by simply clicking on the icon) does not reproduce this ... maybe XBMCs call for minimize is "unconventional" or something?

Maybe i should, in this case, ask for the thread title to be edited and the thread moved to the general windows bug reports, considering this doesn't seem to be a real addon issue?
Fractal Design Node 304 | Intel i3-3225 | Gigabyte H77N-WiFi | 4GB RAM | Intel HD 4000
Samsung UE55F6500 | Denon AVR-X2000 | Infinity Reference MKII 5.1 + Quadrapole
Kodi 17.1 Kryptonite | Arctic : Zephyr

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Executor Add-On exits to wrong screen0