Installing XBMC 4 CrystalHD options
I installed the Crystal HD card, installed the drivers. Ran the Linux image which was neat, but I would rather run things under OSX partly because I need to pair my remote ( otherwise crazy things happen when I am running my new ATV). I am currently back to XBMC 9.11 which does not have access to my Crystal HD card. Launcher 3.2.5 is installed but does not give me options for upgrading.

Can I download a CrystalHD XBMC from the mirrors and install it without Launcher? The reason I ask is that the various dwrite suggestions do not give you a choice of versions to install. It always gives the latest (so Dharma beta3). This is logical as you don't want a zillion versions being used. Nevertheless, it would be nice to be able to manually install a Crystal HD supported version.

I have ssh access, networking, etc... I assume you can't just drag the xbmc.app program into the appropriate directory.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank's...philip
You can install manually. Is there a particular version you are interested in? I believe you are limited to the ones listed on the mirrors site, which currently goes back to SVN 32808, and that's fine as they all support CrystalHD, some better than others. Look at this post to install a particular SVN:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=550588&postcount=3

For my installation, I find Dharma beta 2 runs better than beta 3. Hope this helps.
YOUNG13 Wrote:You can install manually. Is there a particular version you are interested in? I believe you are limited to the ones listed on the mirrors site, which currently goes back to SVN 32808, and that's fine as they all support CrystalHD, some better than others. Look at this post to install a particular SVN:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=550588&postcount=3

For my installation, I find Dharma beta 2 runs better than beta 3. Hope this helps.

Dharma beta 2 would be fine. Would that 9.04 installer update scipt be ok, or is it specific to launcher or the svn version?

Thank you.

Philip
Yes, the 9.04 update script is fine, I've used it many times.
YOUNG13 Wrote:Yes, the 9.04 update script is fine, I've used it many times.

Thanks a lot. It worked great. I upgraded to beta 2. Interesting. Couldn't recognize my ATV... impressive.

philip

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing XBMC 4 CrystalHD options0