Secondary Screen bug
So I have XBMC set up to display on my secondary screen. As I wait for it to scrape all the files in the program, I try to pull up a web browser and XBMC minimizes.

So I put it back up.

I can click anywhere on the secondary screen and there will be no problems (of course...) but if I click anywhere on my primary screen, then XBMC minimizes. Is there another feature or configuration setup somewhere that I need to be aware of?

Video card: Radeon HD5450
Try system>system>video output>use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen
The "true fullscreen" uses DirectX fullscreen mode, and this won't share the screen with any other app. As soon as some other app gets the focus it forces XBMC to minimise.

The "use a fullscreen window ..." option doesn't use DX fullscreen mode, so it will share the desktop with other apps. However it isn't as fast so if your PC is a bit slower you may notice the poorer performance.

JR
Thanks for the tip divingmule. I should have been a little more experimental with that decision, but really thought it would put it into a window, with blue M$ bar and all, that needed to be maximized to get rid of it.

But thank you even more for the explanation jhsrennie! I'll make sure to monitor my system a little to see if it gets stressed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Secondary Screen bug0