Problems with Multimedia-Keys
Hi,

i have a Dual-Boot-System with Windows 7 and Ubuntu running xbmc.
I use a Dinovo Mini to control xbmc. The multimedia keys worked perfectly the last days (volume up/down etc.).
But after using Windows which has crashed, the multimedia-keys does not work anymore in xbmc (in windows no problems).
If i try to get the keycodes of the multimedia-keys with "xev" or "showkey -s" then no codes are returned for those keys. The key-code of normal keys returns the correct code.

Does anyone have an idea how to get the multimedia keys working?

Best Regards,
MKay
:eek2: AWX - Ajax based Webinterface for XBMC (Dharma Beta 2)
See my thread here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83869

From what I can tell, xbmc-standalone in Dharma B3 is showing the multimedia keys as the same keycodes as normal keys. For example, "play" gives the same code as "enter" and as such, stop does menu selection. Try to explicitly change the code for "play" in your keybindings.xml will change "enter" as well.

Something is wrong because this didn't used to happen in previous incarnations of XBMC (although I don't know when the problem started, I usually used XBMC, not XBMC-standalone, and I hadn't updated for a while anyways). But, as noted, in Windows this keyboard does give separate key codes from "play" and "enter." Something is wrong in Dharma.
bug filed here
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10570
Hm, no Smile
I don't think that the problem is xbmc because everything worked fine even with Beta3.
And the problem did not occur before using windows which has crashed.

The other important thing is, that the multimedia keys do not sent any keycodes. I tried "xev", "showkey -s" and had a look in the xbmc.log (after activating debug log) ... it just happens nothing Smile

So i think the problem is that a wrong driver is loaded or something like that.
It does do key presses. Check my log. There are key presses reported every time.
I'm talking about MY problem. And on MY HTPC there are no key presses reported.
sometimes my volume decrease button does not work... i have to reconnect the dinovo to ubuntu. after lots of trouble (since about 3 years) with the dinovo i can confirm (as many other users out there) it has some strange bugs =) with the BT protocols.
also i have to remove and insert the battery every time windows/ubuntu wakes up from S3 xD
Möhre Wrote:sometimes my volume decrease button does not work... i have to reconnect the dinovo to ubuntu.
How do you reconnect the dinovo? Smile Just unplug the BT-stick?

EDIT: Perfect!!! After removing and inserting the battery of the dinovo, the multimedia keys are working again. THX!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with Multimedia-Keys0