• 2(current)
[RELEASE] Last.FM Playlist Generator Script - Auto Generate Similar Music Playlists
ErlendSB Wrote:Yes I remember this from Mediaportal too (basically why I started on this script).
Great feature!

There is probably a way to run the script as a background process. If it is, I'll try and modify it.
If someone with greater python-fu than me wants to have a go it, the source is openly available here still:
http://code.google.com/p/lastfmplaylistgenerator/

Great plugin! I have been missing this from MediaPortal since I switched over to XBMC.

I'd love for this to develop into a similar feature as MediaPortal with the option to choose the number of songs to add to the playlist on each track play and the ability to watch for style drifting (either adding songs to the playlist that are similar to the first track played or adding songs to the playlist that are similar to the currently playing track.)
I´ve started on a script like the one you mention.
http://code.google.com/p/lastfmplaylistg...Fpartymode

The script runs in the background when started and waits for a song to start playing.
When playback starts, 3 songs are added to the playlist.
It´s considered beta and probably contains a lot of bugs.
I get

Code:
13:38:31 T:3380 M:1093042176   ERROR: Package script.lastfmplaylistgenerator.zip is not a valid addon
It should be fixed now
Gonna try and be a Guinea Pig, I'll report back

OK, I checked out the svn and made a script.lastfm folder with the script contents in my addon folder, but I'm only getting errors. Can you put up a .zip that we can install from that should work?
Thumbs Up 
ErlendSB Wrote:It should be fixed now

hey thanks for this.

Not sure if you synched your latest code to the repo. Last commit message is

Code:
r21         Added: Add 3 similar tracks Jan    09, 2011     baerland
mortstar Wrote:Gonna try and be a Guinea Pig, I'll report back

OK, I checked out the svn and made a script.lastfm folder with the script contents in my addon folder, but I'm only getting errors. Can you put up a .zip that we can install from that should work?

The folder must be named script.lastfmplaylistgenerator if I'm not mistaken.
The zip file(Hopefully no more "not a valid addon" messages) should be under downloads at the project site.

jw76 Wrote:Not sure if you synched your latest code to the repo. Last commit message is

This commit is for my new test project. I created a branch called partymode.
This is a different script that is to be running in the background and silently adding 3 similar tracks based on the song you are listening to. This behavior is more similar to the Mediaportal approach. Feel free to try it out, but it's at a very early stage, so I won't be creating a zip file for it just yet.
ErlendSB Wrote:This commit is for my new test project. I created a branch called partymode.
This is a different script that is to be running in the background and silently adding 3 similar tracks based on the song you are listening to. This behavior is more similar to the Mediaportal approach. Feel free to try it out, but it's at a very early stage, so I won't be creating a zip file for it just yet.

This is the one I was trying to test out. Should the folder name be the same as for the other script?
I believe the folder name must be the same as the script name in addon.xml.
In this instance: script.lastfmplaylistgeneratorPM
Hey,

This is great! I was thinking about switching back to mediaportal because I really missed it in XBMC.

Looking forward to the partymode script!
Found the PM script on the projectsite. I'm going to try it out tomorrow....

I'm gonna keep you informed.
Nice script. may I give a few ideas that I find would really spice things up
and that would be getting the top list of similiar bands, taking from those
bands what bands one has in their collection,checking their top songs and
comparing to what one has in their collections and basing it on that,
that way one can have the top 100 songs in ones collection that is similar
to the band, or maybe even the genre.
In a world without walls and fences who needs windows and gates, open source, opens minds, so open yours today.

just installed the Party Mode version from the zip (Dharma on Win 7 here) I downloaded from http://code.google.com/p/lastfmplaylistgenerator/

Getting an error when I launch the script
I'll look into it. What's the error?

-Erlend
wilson.joe Wrote:Nice script. may I give a few ideas that I find would really spice things up
and that would be getting the top list of similiar bands, taking from those
bands what bands one has in their collection,checking their top songs and
comparing to what one has in their collections and basing it on that,
that way one can have the top 100 songs in ones collection that is similar
to the band, or maybe even the genre.

Sounds like a good idea Nod

I believe all the API's are there, so it will be possible.
But I'm only afraid this might slow things down (even more) as I probably need to do more querying on both the Last.FM apis and the xbmc musicdb.
I'll definitely give it a try when I find some time.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Last.FM Playlist Generator Script - Auto Generate Similar Music Playlists5