[RELEASE] Last.FM Playlist Generator Script - Auto Generate Similar Music Playlists

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
kiboy6 Offline
Fan
Just a bump about this issue. Would love it if ErlendSB or Morstar or anyone else were able to make the necessary tweak to this script such that songs tagged with multiple artists with the XBMC recommended method don't return no results. (Ie. at the moment having "Ariana Grande / Iggy Azalea" in artist field would ensure no results were returned even though the song is very popular)

Happy to do anything I can to get this done, but would have no idea where to start in terms of modding the script myself.

Thanks!

(2014-08-24 11:38)kiboy6 Wrote:  
(2014-08-22 13:54)ErlendSB Wrote:  . Feel free to fork the github project and submit a pull request to Mortstar (who is hosting the plugin)

No worries - this "fossil" still does the job beautifully.

I would love to submit the necessary pull request, but unfortunately I have no idea how to do so. Does that mean I would have to write the necessary code myself and then suggest that it be incorporated into the plugin? Again, unfortunately well beyond my powers!

Happy to learn of course, but have no idea where to start...I am very much an experienced end user but not a creator when it comes to XBMC Sad
(This post was last modified: 2014-10-09 11:13 by kiboy6.)
find quote
zuckedoff Offline
Any plans to release a version for Helix?
find quote
kiboy6 Offline
Fan
+1 hoping for a Kodi version Smile

and if so it would be amazing if the script were able to handle multiple artists (with separators such as " / " in the artist field). Thanks!
find quote
ErlendSB Offline
I'm afraid I won't be doing any more work on this addon. It's up for grabs on github if anyone want to continue. However if it fails to run on Kodi, in it's current state, I'll try to submit a fix for it.
find quote
DarkHelmet Offline
Fan
(2015-01-16 14:03)ErlendSB Wrote:  I'm afraid I won't be doing any more work on this addon

Sad to hear. However for me this is working just fine in Kodi Helix.
find quote
zuckedoff Offline
Are there any good alternatives available for Kodi?

If not, I might be willing to tackle it at some point. I know this is the hardest question in the software development universe but, how many hours do you think it would take to rework it?
find quote
wripet Offline
I used to use this beautiful addon on kodi, but accidentally deleted it. Can anyone tell me which version is still working on 14.1?
find quote
DarkHelmet Offline
Fan
I'm using 1.1.5 with kodi 15.2 and it's working.
find quote
DarkHelmet Offline
Fan
(2015-01-16 14:03)ErlendSB Wrote:  I'm afraid I won't be doing any more work on this addon. It's up for grabs on github if anyone want to continue. However if it fails to run on Kodi, in it's current state, I'll try to submit a fix for it.

Hi Erlend, the files have been removed from github. I think Mortstar's repo was deactivated. Do you have a copy of the files and could upload it somewhere in case anyone's interested in further developing the addon?
find quote
ErlendSB Offline
Sure why not: https://github.com/ErlendSB/script.lastf...eneratorPM fork and keep working on if you feel up for it.
find quote